The Uniform Server Community

A good free video player for my Mac

Absolutely! I've got you covered. One of the top picks among free video players for mac users is VLC Media Player. It's not only free but also incredibly versatile. It supports a wide range of video formats, including obscure ones, and it comes with features like audio and video filters, subtitle support, and streaming capabilities. Plus, it's lightweight and doesn't hog system resources, which is always a plus for Mac users concerned about performance.

Adding to that, I'd also suggest checking out IINA. It's a relatively newer player compared to VLC, but it's gained quite a following for its sleek interface and smooth performance. It's designed specifically for macOS, so it integrates seamlessly with the system. IINA supports various video formats, has a customizable interface, and offers features like picture-in-picture mode and Touch Bar support for MacBook Pro users. And just like VLC, it's free and open-source, so you're not sacrificing anything in terms of quality or features by opting for it.

• 1 month later...

Hi! When it comes to free video players for Mac, there are several great options, each with their own strengths and features. Here are a few of my top recommendations: VLC Media Player, IINA, or MPlayerX. Bonus tip: If you're looking for high quality free stock footage to use in your videos, I highly recommend checking out Depositphotos. They have an extensive library of stunning images and videos, including many videos featuring fish and other marine life. No matter what player you choose, you're sure to find a great option for watching videos on your Mac.