The Uniform Server Community

Wikka Wiki on USB stick? Help!

I am a newbie about php, mysql, etc. I am trying to install Wikka Wiki on Uniform Server on a usb stick. This is mentioned in the Wikka Wiki installation page, but not enough detail to help the likes of me.

I have US installed and can get to localhost/apanel.

First, I don't know how to upload to the server. I am using Filezilla and telling it to go to localhost with the user as "root" and the password as "root" but no luck.

Second, I don't know where the Wikka folder goes.

Third, I don't know how to set up an account for MySQL as mentioned on the Wikka board.

Has anyone done this? Please help.

Thanks.

I am a newbie about php, mysql, etc. I am trying to install Wikka Wiki on Uniform Server on a usb stick. This is mentioned in the Wikka Wiki installation page, but not enough detail to help the likes of me.

I have US installed and can get to localhost/apanel.

First, I don't know how to upload to the server. I am using Filezilla and telling it to go to localhost with the user as "root" and the password as "root" but no luck.

Second, I don't know where the Wikka folder goes.

Third, I don't know how to set up an account for MySQL as mentioned on the Wikka board.

Has anyone done this? Please help.

Thanks.

I've made some progress but am still stuck.

Ok, I edited the password file and am able to see a file on the server. So the US is working fine.

As per the Wikka instructions, I created a MySQL database called Wikka. When I go to localhost/wikka I get the wikka instalation/configuration form. But after filling it out, I get a message that the MySQL connection test failed. Yet I know it is running since I can start and stop it from apanel.

I've made some progress but am still stuck.

Ok, I edited the password file and am able to see a file on the server. So the US is working fine.

As per the Wikka instructions, I created a MySQL database called Wikka. When I go to localhost/wikka I get the wikka instalation/configuration form. But after filling it out, I get a message that the MySQL connection test failed. Yet I know it is running since I can start and stop it from apanel.

Solved! I had to revert to PHP 4 and then the WikkaWiki installation page worked like a charm.

Thanks for the help, Jim.

:)

• 2 weeks later...