The Uniform Server Community

Unicontroller screen too small

as300182

Hello,

Please confirm that you are using 100% font size / scale under Windows:

Windows 11: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a#ID0EBD=Windows_11
Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a#ID0EBD=Windows_10

I am using this software under Windows 11 using 100% Display Scale and another one with 125% with no problem, but we never know...

Thank you!

3 hours ago, sbourdon said:

Hello,

Please confirm that you are using 100% font size / scale under Windows:

Windows 11: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a#ID0EBD=Windows_11
Windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a#ID0EBD=Windows_10

I am using this software under Windows 11 using 100% Display Scale and another one with 125% with no problem, but we never know...

Thank you!

I've checked that and I am using 100% font size.  The problem is not the font size but the window size.  The window for this app is too small and I can't maximise it or change it's size.  I'm using Windows 10, but haven't found anything yet that affects window sizes of apps.  I can't understand why this app has the maximise and resizing controls disabled.

I tried the previous version and installed 14_0_5_ZeroXIV in another folder.  UniController displays as it should for this version.  However, I have not been able to resolve the issue with 15_0_1_ZeroXV.  I'd stick with 14_0_5_ZeroXIV if I could but no matter what I try, I can't get apache to start, so I really need to get UniController to work properly for 15_0_1_ZeroXV.  Either that or I need a copy of UniController.exe which has the maximise and resizing controls enabled.

Thanks for this update!
We'll look into this bug as soon as possible.

In the meantime, you may try different versions of UniController.
Latest Zero XV version: ZeroXV_unicontroller_2_5_1.exe
Previous Zero XV version: ZeroXV_unicontroller_2_5_0.exe 

Please note that ZeroXIV uses 32-bit versions of Apache, mySQL and PHP, while ZeroXV uses 64-bit versions of these modules.

Thank you!

Thanks for your response.  I tried the previous Zero XV version: ZeroXV_unicontroller_2_5_0.exe but unfortunately that displayed the same issues.  What I have been able to do in the meantime is to overwrite ver XV of UniController.exe with ver XIV and that seems to work just fine.  I've got all the modules for ver XV running under the ver XIV controller.  Not ideal as future module updates may well break this configuration, so I would like to see a proper resolution in the future.  I suggest the simplest solution would be to just enable all the window controls so that it can be maximised and resized at will.  

Something else that you might be interested in is this;  My installation of ver XV running under the ver XIV controller is in a new folder at c:\wamp.  There's something odd about the default installation of c:\UniServerZ.  Having got a fully working version of the server and controller in c:\wamp I tried the same trick of copying ver XIV controller into my original installation at c:\UniServerZ.  Rather surprisingly I got the same unusable minimised controller screen.  The same controller that works just fine under c:\wamp does not in c:\UniServerZ.  Also, installing any ver of XV into any folder doesn't change the overall issue for the XV controller screen.  So this is the result of my findings.

ver XIV controller screen runs at normal size anywhere other than in c:\UniServerZ.
ver XV controller screen doesn't run at normal size anywhere it's installed, regardless of what the base folder name is called.

I'd be interested to see what you make of that.