The Uniform Server Community

Stripping 3.3 & Upgrades needed.

I want to run US Via its own HDD therefor the (W) is not needed, can i easily edit the VB script at startup so that the drive (W) dosunt have to be created, and instead of the (W:/www) drive, i want to set it to (D:/root)

D:/ bein ga seperate blank HDD for my Webserver files.

or even better the D: being the main directory of the files.

Also i need a sendmail script to be added into the server, i found a simple one but dont know how to intergrate it all.. i think it should be possible to RUn it Via one of the batch files or teh VB.. also i need all these fiels to start up at system start, as a background process. so as soon as ANYONE loggs onto the computer apache, php, mysql and sendmail is running.

I also need to setup CronJobs.. i dont know what software i need for this if someone could help me :(

Thanks!

GodsDead!

I think to many questions in one post and not enough detail. Sorry to be negative well I hate negative so here goes.

To start you on the correct path, take one clean hard disk named D:

1) Copy all the folders and their content contained in diskw onto your D drive.

2) From folder Uniform ServerNow copy :

Server_Start.bat

Stop.bat

Disk Start.vbs

Into the top level of D

2) Open Stop.bat and change the path as show:

REM was this diskw\home\admin\program\pskill.exe Apache.exe c becomes

home\admin\program\pskill.exe Apache.exe c

All other lines remain unchanged

3) Open Server_Start.bat and change these lines:

REM was this diskw\home\admin\program\pskill.exe Apache.exe becomes

home\admin\program\pskill.exe Apache.exe

IF NOT ERRORLEVEL 1 goto started

REM line not required set Disk=%1

REM line not required IF "%Disk%"=="" set Disk=w

Rem you do not need to create a disk rem create the disk

Rem like I said you do not need this subst %Disk%: "diskw"

REM this is redundant IF ERRORLEVEL 1 goto hint

REM new line this sets the env to disk drive d:

set Disk=d

The rest of the code can remain unchanged or you can clean it up.

Look at my other post regarding recursive loop. Need to make this mod.

You can now start and stop your servers using these two batch files. No time to look at the VB file but that similar.

4) "Also i need a sendmail script to be added into the server, i found a simple one but dont know how to intergrate it all"

Not sure if your comment is correct regarding a mailer for Apache you are probably looking for a PHP mailer object.

5) "also i need all these fiels to start up at system start, as a background process. so as soon as ANYONE loggs onto the computer apache, php, mysql and sendmail is running."

You are asking "can these be run as service" yes you can. I have never done it there fore can offer no advice on this.

6) "I also need to setup CronJobs.. i dont know what software i need for this if "

I have a problem with this question. On one hand, it looks as if you are using Windows and then you ask a UNIX question.

Take each problem one step at a time resolve it and then move onto the next.

lol, thanks Ric. Yes, Windows does not have cron jobs. :( Lets all yell at MS.

About the remaining, it can also be solved with 1 step, install the server as a service.

Go to the /downloadpath/diskw/plugins/Services/ and edit the w2c1.pl file.

Change the line:

$pathc="c:/UniServerX.X"

to something else that you want. Like if the Uniform Server HDD will be D:/ as you say, then change it to

$pathc="D:/UniServerX.X";

The service will be installed and whenever anyone starts the computer and logs on, the server will automatically start... no need to run any start and stop files.

See how easy it is :)

About sendmail, there is no sendmail program for Windows thats free. The only one i know is Fake Sendmail and for that, you need a SMTP Mail Program.... Fake Sendmail is under development as a plugin for the Uniform Server. Fake Sendmail is also easy to install and just requires you to edit a line in the php.ini file, but you will need a mail program, preferably hMailServer.

Well, thats it from me.... Good Luck :D