The Uniform Server Community

dos box sometimes appearing

mojito

I regularly get a dos window appear then dissaper as my localhost test site are working away being served. Im using version 3.3

I'm running specificly joomla cms.

Does this happen to anyone else.

I am sorry to see that I can no longer run the uniform server as a service and have to start the thing every time i reboot. Am I missing something??

thanks

mojito

http://www.landed.at - a travel forum, please come along and post something about a destination you know.

Hi yes it is normal for the cmd console/panel to show when you start up - if you do not want it to show you will have to edit the Server_Start.bat by adding a /b in the start commands example: start /b diskw/home/admin/program/uniserv.exe....

hth ~megan

nah, what he's saying is that it shows up while he is viewing his server... the Joomla test site...

Yes, this happens sometimes, it's because of the way the program is coded think.. same thing happened to me when i was testing MyBulletinBoard.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I would like to disable the dox box too but there isn't a bat file to edit? At least I can't find one. I have the Joomlasolutions version of uniform server or it is based on it. Can't see any support with them though! Any ideas how to go about this? Create a start.bat file myself?

Regards

MKJ

Edited by MKJ

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way to remove them and wee are not sure of the command or function being ran that causes them to open in Windows. The file megan is talking about is the Start File for the server... which will be the file you use to run the server on your computer.