The Uniform Server Community

Web Server link

Tinashe

I was installing and trying to run moodle with Uniform Server. In the Uniform Server's administration page I can't locate the link labeled Web Server to continue installing moodle.

2850[/snapback]

Tinashe,

The Uniform Server is already running Apache Web Server, so, you're good to go. I've posted a howto to install Moodle in the Uniform Server at http://www.seedwiki.com/wiki/just_moodlin_...ver?wpid=244314. If you need it, that is.

Tinashe,

One other helpful bit of advice...java script:emoticon(':)')

smilie

If you're trying to create a truly "portable" moodle then you'll need to slightly modify moodle's config.php file located in W:\www\moodle\

Moodle likes to have either a static IP and/or a standard hostname to use whenever someone is trying to go to your moodle. Unfortunately, if you're using a laptop or a USB stick this isn't always known until you plug it in. So, I've modified moodle's config file by using a GetHostByName($REMOTE_ADDR) variable.

If you replace your config.php file with my config.php file moodle will work whenever you tell someone to surf over to http://xxx.xxx.xxx/moodle/ where xxx.xxx.xxx is whatever IP you have at the time.

I was installing and trying to run moodle with Uniform Server. In the Uniform Server's administration page I can't locate the link labeled Web Server to continue installing moodle.

2850[/snapback]

config.php

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...