The Uniform Server Community

Dns

crash

Hi guys,

Actually i'm new at this server thing and this is my first attempt to setup one, i'm currently using the uniform server 3.3.

Configured as a public server with dynamic DNS redirection.

I am aware that My ISP has been blocking port 80 to prevent subscribers from (typically) running web servers on that port.

When I contacted them as to why I was paying for a "castrated" internet connection, their lame reply was that they were trying to prevent viruses from "inadvertently" infecting subscribers' PCs that had "malicious software" that "might have installed a HTTP backdoor". When I explained that I knew what I was doing, they fell back on that lame "it's company policy" crap.

C'mon! I mean, if they REALLY trying to <SARCASM> help </SARCASM> users, they could block ports 1433 (MS SQL - slammer, anyone?), 25 (SMTP - to prevent SPAM that ALL users really are affected by), etc. etc...

Basically, these idiots simply want us to NOT run HTTP servers only. I mean, if that's what you want, state it upfront. I for one will (and currently do) accept that fact. But what I HATE is them trying to cover it as something else

I've readed the post by bincho Pinned: Public Server w/DynDNS & Alternate Listen Port. But still can't work, is it the version post is different or ???

Can anyone post the steps for editing.

I'll really will appreaciate, thank you

Crash

Hi guys,

Actually i'm new at this server thing and this is my first attempt to setup one, i'm currently using the uniform server 3.3.

Configured as a public server with dynamic DNS redirection.

I am aware that My ISP has been blocking port 80 to prevent subscribers from (typically) running web servers on that port.

When I contacted them as to why I was paying for a "castrated" internet connection, their lame reply was that they were trying to prevent viruses from "inadvertently" infecting subscribers' PCs that had "malicious software" that "might have installed a HTTP backdoor". When I explained that I knew what I was doing, they fell back on that lame "it's company policy" crap.

C'mon! I mean, if they REALLY trying to <SARCASM> help </SARCASM> users, they could block ports 1433 (MS SQL - slammer, anyone?), 25 (SMTP - to prevent SPAM that ALL users really are affected by), etc. etc...

Basically, these idiots simply want us to NOT run HTTP servers only. I mean, if that's what you want, state it upfront. I for one will (and currently do) accept that fact. But what I HATE is them trying to cover it as something else

I've readed the post by bincho Pinned: Public Server w/DynDNS & Alternate Listen Port. But still can't work, is it the version post is different or ???

Can anyone post the steps for editing.

I'll really will appreaciate, thank you

Crash

2641[/snapback]

Thanks guys, i had it done. My website now working

• 3 weeks later...