The Uniform Server Community

Command prompt window opens and stays open when starting mysql

desbest

When I start mysql , the command prompt window opens and stays open for over 5 minutes.

I do not believe this to be expected behaviour. Is there a way to make the command prompt window for mysql go away.

This behaviour happens on the first run of Uniform Server on the windows user when mysql is enabled. If run a second time on the windows user, or if Uniform Server is restarted, the behaviour doesn't happen.

Yes... it does that doesn't it..

With the launch of MySQL8, the Console window appears even when we tell it not to via launch code. So we are detecting the launch and then hiding the window. However, if it takes more than 5 seconds to launch which happens during the first run as it needs to set up the required data files, the window does not get hidden.

Will look for a way to prevent that happening as well. Thanks for bringing it to our notice.

Best Regards,

Another thing I notice is that the coloured square for mysql turns green automatically when clicked, even when mysql is loading.

There should be a different colour to distinguish between loading and loaded.

I believe this wasn't an issue in previous versions, and it's related to the long mysql loading time.

On 12/11/2020 at 1:48 AM, desbest said:

Also when I close the window myself, mysql stops and fails to run.

Is there a way to close the window and still have mysql work?

Actually... if MySQL window opens and you close it, you are effectively shutting down the MySQL server. This was built into MySQL 8. 

On 12/14/2020 at 1:35 AM, desbest said:

Another thing I notice is that the coloured square for mysql turns green automatically when clicked, even when mysql is loading.

There should be a different colour to distinguish between loading and loaded.

I believe this wasn't an issue in previous versions, and it's related to the long mysql loading time.

If MySQL does not load this would change back to red. But I get what you are saying.. I am a little tight on development time right now. So will be taking inputs at this time and look into implementing into the next version.