The Uniform Server Community

Newly Installed UniServerZ -- Can't Display phpMyAdmin

I have used UniServer for several years.  I just bought a new laptop and am trying unsuccessfully to install the newest version of UniServer -- 14.0.2.

After installation, the following pages display properly:

• localhost
  • Server Console
  • MySQL Console

But clicking on phpMyAdmin button causes a display of unformatted PHP code:

get(Response::class); /** @var DatabaseInterface $dbi */ $dbi = $containerBuilder->get(DatabaseInterface::class); /** @var HomeController $controller */ $controller = $containerBuilder->get(HomeController::class); if (isset($_REQUEST['ajax_request']) && ! empty($_REQUEST['access_time'])) { exit; } if (isset($_POST['set_theme'])) { $controller->setTheme([ 'set_theme' => $_POST['set_theme'], ]); header('Location: index.php' . Url::getCommonRaw()); } elseif (isset($_POST['collation_connection'])) { $controller->setCollationConnection([ 'collation_connection' => $_POST['collation_connection'], ]); header('Location: index.php' . Url::getCommonRaw()); } elseif (! empty($_REQUEST['db'])) { // See FAQ 1.34 $page = null; if (! empty($_REQUEST['table'])) { $page = Util::getScriptNameForOption( $GLOBALS['cfg']['DefaultTabTable'], 'table' ); } else { $page = Util::getScriptNameForOption( $GLOBALS['cfg']['DefaultTabDatabase'], 'database' ); } include ROOT_PATH . $page; } elseif ($response->isAjax() && ! empty($_REQUEST['recent_table'])) { $response->addJSON($controller->reloadRecentTablesList()); } elseif ($GLOBALS['PMA_Config']->isGitRevision() && isset($_REQUEST['git_revision']) && $response->isAjax() ) { $response->addHTML($controller->gitRevision()); } else { // Handles some variables that may have been sent by the calling script $GLOBALS['db'] = ''; $GLOBALS['table'] = ''; $show_query = '1'; if ($server > 0) { include ROOT_PATH . 'libraries/server_common.inc.php'; } $response->addHTML($controller->index()); }

I have tried reinstalling UniServer, but it didn't help.

I have never encountered this problem before and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks much.

Len Jacobson

On my old laptop, I had been using UniServerZ 12.2.0.  I installed that version on the new laptop and it exhibited the very same problem -- 'phpMyAdmn" won't display nicely formatted.

So the problem has got to be caused by my new computer.

The one big difference between the two laptops is that old laptop was operating Windows 10 Home and the new one is running Windows 10 Pro.

Could that be the cause of the problem?

Len Jacobson

NEW INFORMATION -- Two New Bits of Information

• On my old laptop, I had been using UniServerZ 12.2.0.  I installed that version on the new laptop and it exhibited the very same problem -- 'phpMyAdmn" won't display nicely formatted.  So the issue is not due to something in the newest version of UniServerZ.
  • My new laptop runs Windows 10 Pro, whereas the old laptop ran Windows 10 Home.  So I installed the newest version of UniServerZ onto my desktop computer, which is running Windows 10 Pro.  That installation of UniServerZ works fine.  So the issue is not due to Windows 10 Home vs. Windows 10 Pro

For security, I am running Windows Defender Firewall.  No other security program.

Any suggestions?

Len Jacobson

Since it is a new laptop, one of the pre-requisites for UniformServer is the Visual C++ Redistributable which may not have been installed as the laptop is new.. PHP depends on it to run. 

On your older systems you may have installed it or it would have got installed automatically from some other non-related software installs.

You can get the Visual C++ Redistributables from https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Even though you system is a 64 bit, Uniform server uses the 32 bit version of PHP and MySQL, so you will need to get the vc_redist.x86.exe file.

If you are still facing the same problem after the installation of the Visual C++ Redistributable, please do let me know and I can see what else could be wrong.

Thanks.

P.S.: This is documented in the MUST_READ.txt file in the UniformServer installation path.

I have no idea what has happened, but just now I opened up the UniServer control dialog box and clicked once again on "phpMyAdmin".  It worked!!

I have not made any changes to anything on my new laptop since the last time I clicked on that button and brought up only lines of text (i.e., no nicely windowed 'phpMyadmin').  I fear, however, that the problem may reoccur.

If anyone has any ideas, I (and others) would appreciate your thoughts.

Len Jacobson

Good that it is working !!!

I suspect that the problem may be due to the time it takes for PHP to initialize and Apache using that process to serve pages.. Sometimes of you click on Phpmyadmin immideately on opening Uniform Server and starting Apache PHP may not have initialized yet and so you would see the code instead of the page itself..

If you still face the problem again, I can try and troubleshoot further.