The Uniform Server Community

MySQL DB error on a Mambo installation

doc

Hi, I have a nicely running Mambo application on a live site. I developed it locally using the Mambo Stand Alone Server (MSAS). I want to abondone MSAS because I like the UniServer 3.3 more, because it gives better handle on things. Neither my good running MSAS nor the live installation runs without this error on the UniServer:

DB function failed with error number 1054

Unknown column 'c.access' in 'on clause' SQL=SELECT c.*, g.name AS groupname, cc.name, u.name AS editor, f.content_id AS frontpage, s.title AS section_name, v.name AS author FROM mos_content AS c, mos_categories AS cc, mos_sections AS s LEFT JOIN mos_groups AS g ON g.id = c.access LEFT JOIN mos_users AS u ON u.id = c.checked_out LEFT JOIN mos_users AS v ON v.id = c.created_by LEFT JOIN mos_content_frontpage AS f ON f.content_id = c.id WHERE c.state >= 0 AND c.catid=cc.id AND cc.section=s.id AND s.scope='content' ORDER BY s.title, c.catid, cc.ordering, cc.title, c.ordering LIMIT 0,10

Thanks for your help,

--doc

Is this when you are exporting the database or what? Please also note that Uniform Server 3.3 runs on MySQL 5 so you might have to check to make sure it is compatible with your Mambo version.

Is this when you are exporting the database or what? Please also note that Uniform Server 3.3 runs on MySQL 5 so you might have to check to make sure it is compatible with your Mambo version.

2365[/snapback]

I am sure the Mambo is NOT compatible to MySQL 5. But still seemingly is, except of this problem, which to me seems like a formal one (like the having to do with the sequence of columns, or the like).

Can the UniServer be modified (can I modify it with new installations) in a way so that the MySQL and phpMyAdmin (most importantly the former) is matching that of the Mambo installation?

regards,

I am sure the Mambo is NOT compatible to MySQL 5. But still seemingly is, except of this problem, which to me seems like a formal one (like the having to do with the sequence of columns, or the like).

Can the UniServer be modified (can I modify it with new installations) in a way so that the MySQL and phpMyAdmin (most importantly the former) is matching that of the Mambo installation?

regards,

2379[/snapback]

Sorry, I forgot to answer your question: It is whe I export the DB of my Mambo installation on your UniServer, and then import the same DB to as Mambo installation on a live site using MySQL4.x.

doc

Ahh.... I am not sure if there is a place where you can check that it is a MySQL 5 database style because MySQL 5 database exports have been causing problems when importing to MySQL 4.1 or less....

MySQL 5 adds some new things when exporting so when exporting, you have to check it to be compatible with MySQL 4 in the checklist area.

• 3 weeks later...
Ahh.... I am not sure if there is a place where you can check that it is a MySQL 5 database style because MySQL 5 database exports have been causing problems when importing to MySQL 4.1 or less....

MySQL 5 adds some new things when exporting so when exporting, you have to check it to be compatible with MySQL 4 in the checklist area.

2392[/snapback]

I am back again. (I expected an e-mail ntice, but I guess I did not set it properly).

I am pretty unfamiliar as to how to manipulate MySQL db's or their tables. Hence, I do not know how to check 4.x compatibility in the exported database. Can you be more specific as to where can I find the checklist and how to check for this problem. I am just at the point, where I should give up using my ready made Mambo 4.5.2 postal and rebuilt it from scrath using Joomla7. However, again it would be very nice if one could reinstall MySQLx.x (any version) under UniServer. This way I could match the version in the local and live enviromnent. Is it possible?

Thank a lot!

--doc

One the real server, when exporting it from Uniform Server 3.3 phpMyAdmin, you will see a place in the page for Export that says Export as MySQL 4.0 or something... look for it in the Export page.. It is there.