The Uniform Server Community

How to update Timezone Database Version?

LipESprY

Hello everyone!

I'm from Brazil and have a problem: the PHP time is 1 hour after local server (my pc).

The timezone in the php.ini file is "America/Sao_Paulo" (my correct timezone).

I've found the timezone database dll to update them in https://pecl.php.net/package/timezonedb/2019.3/windows, but not works. The php is not loading the php_timezonedb.dll. Yes, I've putted it in php.ini file.

Recently, Brazil abolished DST in 2019 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_Brazil). But it isn't updated in this timezone database.

I'm using UniServer Zero XIII with new PHP 7.4. But I've tested too with PHP 7.1 and the problem persists.

PS: the mariadb is correct time.

<?php

timezone_version_get(); // 2019.1

date_default_timezone_get(); // America/Sao_Paulo

ini_get('date.timezone'); // America/Sao_Paulo

date('Y-m-d H:i:s'); // 2020-01-30 14:40:12

Thanks

SOLVED!

When I read the Apache's logs, identified the different module between PHP 7.4 and downloaded timezone database (DLL).

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: timezonedb: Unable to initialize module\nModule compiled with module API=20190902\nPHP    compiled with module API=20190529\nThese options need to match\n in Unknown on line 0

The PHP 7.4 used in this version of UniServer (XIII) is development version (alpha or beta [-dev suffix]) released 6 months ago. When the official PHP 7.4 was released in November 28th, 19. 

Solution:

Now, I'm using the UniServer Zero XIV with PHP 7.4 as default version. It uses 2019.3 timezone database' version and datetime is now correct.