The Uniform Server Community

Uniform Server 14 0 1 ZeroXlV; Apache will not run

minotaur

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Uniform Server 14 0 1 ZeroXlV - downloaded today

Apache would not run. I installed 32-bit .dlls. It still does not run but it no longer complains about missing .dll files.

Here are the last couple of lines from the error.log file.

[Thu Jan 02 16:16:54.658653 2020] [core:warn] [pid 2324:tid 160] AH00098: pid file E:/UniServerZ/core/apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?
PHP Warning:  'vcruntime140.dll' 14.0 is not compatible with this PHP build linked with 14.16 in Unknown on line 0
[Thu Jan 02 16:16:54.662653 2020] [:emerg] [pid 2324:tid 160] AH00020: Configuration Failed, exiting

I cannot perform a ""clean" shutdown because I can't start it.

Does anyone have a clue?

Okay, it has been fixed

To run this version of UniServer the Visual Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2019 is required. It can be downloaded from: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads Select: vc_redist.x86.exe

I have used x64 version since my PC using WIN7 x64 but apeach did not start

but on using x86 version, it did worked.

The Versions of Apache and PHP bundled in the UniformServer are the x86 versions so as to be compatible with both the x86 as well as x64 systems that it can be run on.

Hence the need to install the VC_redist.x86.exe Redistributable and not the x64 version.

22 hours ago, sudeepjd said:

The Versions of Apache and PHP bundled in the UniformServer are the x86 versions so as to be compatible with both the x86 as well as x64 systems that it can be run on.

Hence the need to install the VC_redist.x86.exe Redistributable and not the x64 version.

Yes, thank you. This does not explain why it still will not work after adding the 32-bit files.

I've given up and gone back to XAMPP.

• 3 weeks later...

Firstly, my apologies with the delay in response. 

Can you please give us a little more information on what you mean by adding in the 32 bit files? Do you mean after installing the VC_redist.x86.exe?

After installation does it still complain about the missing vcruntime140.dll in your error.log?

Hi, thanks.

Yes, I meant after installing VC_redist.x86.exe.

No, it no longer complains but it still does not run.

pid file E:/UniServerZ/core/apache2/logs/httpd.pid overwritten -- Unclean shutdown of previous Apache run?

That looks like a problem but, as I said, I've given up and gone back to XAMPP.

Thanks, anyway