The Uniform Server Community

W Directory Not Created

Jacob

Hi,

I just moved my server to a new location. After setup, Uniserver is no longer correctly functioning. When I run start.bat, I get

"The server is working on the disk w:\ [http/127.0.0.1/a/]"

and it places me in the W:\user\local\Php directory. However, it doesn't create the W:\ directory.

Notes: It was working correctly before the move. No other server problems.

I use port 8040 instead of 80 when it does work.

Sign: Aries

Jacob

Sign: Aries? :lol: How in the world of servers does this help me? lol

Anyways, it might be that you are missing a file.. try redownloading the server to that location and unextracting it there.

Does the Server_Start.bat give you ann error?

Ditto for me. FWIW, I have been running Uniform Server for the last 3 years and am delighted with it (THANKS!). The new security patch might have disabled something????

I have d/l'ed the latest versiona nd it fails without any error messages, even when ececuted from a command line.

Thoughts?

David

Hi,

I just moved my server to a new location.  After setup, Uniserver is no longer correctly functioning.  When I run start.bat, I get

"The server is working on the disk w:\ [http/127.0.0.1/a/]"

and it places me in the W:\user\local\Php directory.  However, it doesn't create the W:\ directory. 

Notes:  It was working correctly before the move.  No other server problems.

I use port 8040 instead of 80 when it does work.

Sign: Aries

Jacob

2228[/snapback]

I downloaded and overworte my earlier version of Uniserver. (Note: The Exe file created a folder named [uniform Server] from which I copied over to the main [uniserver] directory.) Now using Server_Start.bat I get "The server is working on the disk w:\ [http/127.0.0.1/apanel/]" though I fear it isn't working.

I ran a backup on the Uniserver directory just before the move. Are you aware of the normal System Tools Backup frying the server perhaps?

Jacob

I got it working by disabling my newly installed Skype. I dunno what ports Skype uses, but as soon as I disabled it, my UniformServer worked again.

YMMV

Ditto for me.  FWIW, I have been running Uniform Server for the last 3 years and am delighted with it (THANKS!).  The new security patch might have disabled something????

I have d/l'ed the latest versiona nd it fails without any error messages, even when ececuted from a command line.

Thoughts?

David

2242[/snapback]

A. It is really a bad thiing for you to do a copy and paste override when updating the server. This can cause problems for you when starting it! Better to start clean and move everything over...

As fisheradmin said, you might have something blocking port 80 so please check to make sure you do not have Skype or a Firewall/AntiiVirus blocking it.

As you said, you changed the port to port 8040 and that worked, well there yoiu have it... something must be working on 80 thats blocking the server.. try changiing the port again and testing it.