The Uniform Server Community

getting 404 error

securitywonks

Hello All

this is the most repeated problem to me when using uniform server, from it's past versions,

I still use this due to the passion I have on this and due to it's no registry dust concept which I too like.

-----------

ingeneral, it occurs in differnet scenarios like,

1)when I click on start.bat of another copy of uniform server (unknowingly) while one copy of uniform server is running,

2) when I click on start.bat or start.vbs of the uniform server when the same copy is running,

when this situation occur, I get 404 for redirect.html file which will be triggered (when start.bat file is clicked upon) and server donot get started,

--------------------

finally, the workaround which I am trying is, to RESTORe the system to a previous working point, and reneable all settings, in uniform server, install all software which I am working before from scratch, then, install/configure other software which is implemented/modified after uniform server is initiated for first time, as after restoration took place, all those settings will be missed know,

-----------------------------

this situation became too regular these days, after I had started upon uniform server beta 3.3, how much I like to work with it, this frequent errors are taking too much time,

hear your thoughts on this,

Thank You for your time,

Cheers

did all things,

now the scenario is too sensitive, it si getting corrupted and I get 404 error when the redirect.html file is triggerred after I click on start.bat or start.vbs

read some solution by other friend in other thread ( "redirect.html improvement" by cabra) know (i.e. he said that he added few lines of code to stop this errors), may be I need to try this??????

let us see if that helps me,

will update after experimentation,

Thank You

other than that problem I am very happy with this, :angry:

want to experiment more and add some plugins soon, this repeated problem is forcedly making me repeate many things which si consuming time that I want to dedicate for improvements,

wish the positive,

Thank You

Please stop.. you are confusing my brian with all this dramatacalization bombastation :angry: lol

In simplicity, you have a server running and mistakenly started another server. It opens IE and redirects to a 404 page...

Is the W:/ drive still there? Did the Start.bat give you an error? Talk in simple English, no big geeky words now ok ;) lol... you all wanna kill my brain before school starts.