The Uniform Server Community

Script Error on Windows 7 64

DM2

I have searched and see a few people have issues with the core_functions_inc.vbs script but I have a strange issue on one of my laptops.

When starting up I get a Script error window displaying :

An error has occured in the script on this page.

Line : 2017

Char : 2

Error: Generic Failure

Code : 0

URL : file:///C:/Users/David_i7/Downloads/UniServer/UniServer/uni_con/includes/core_functions_inc.vbs

I have all the latest Visual C Libraries installed (64 bit).

The line in the script that the error occurss is :

Set procItem = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_process")

Can anybody tell me what is going on ?

If I select continue running scripts, I can start up the server and view websites that use MySQL databases. But the Uniserver panel and inof windows open, but display no information (asterisks, spinning arrows).

I'll test this on another Win 7 64 laptop later this evening and see if I get the same error.

D.

Very likely you will.

Note this:

Set procItem = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_process")

It's likely that you have to install the Visual C 32 bit libs as well. Check out all the different libs I have on my Win7 64 bit system, courtesy of Microsoft: libs.GIF

Regards,

BobS

Thanks, I was wondering about the 32bit - 64 bit thing.

My other laptop (also 64 bit) runs UniServer fine.

I'll cross-reference my installed libraries. Hopefully just a missing 32 bit library.

Thanks.

D.

I managed to solve it.

I did check my installed versions of Visual C++ and I had a comparable set of both x64 and x86 libraries to your setup.

I tried installing them again from the Microsoft website, but still the same error.

I then looked at the properties of the Start_as_program.exe icon.

In the section for compatability, I ticked "run this program in compatibility for :" and selected "Windows 7".

It now works :) The uniserver control panel child windows now function correctly. So, I can check server status, etc.

Not sure why the changing of compatibility mode had that effect ?

D.

post-5872-1333542087_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I managed to solve it.

I did check my installed versions of Visual C++ and I had a comparable set of both x64 and x86 libraries to your setup.

I tried installing them again from the Microsoft website, but still the same error.

I then looked at the properties of the Start_as_program.exe icon.

In the section for compatability, I ticked "run this program in compatibility for :" and selected "Windows 7".

It now works :) The uniserver control panel child windows now function correctly. So, I can check server status, etc.

Not sure why the changing of compatibility mode had that effect ?

D.

Thanks for the posting. Does it mean Uniform Server is working fine on 64 bits windows server now?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the posting. Does it mean Uniform Server is working fine on 64 bits windows server now?

Yes, It is running without errors on both my X64 Windows 7 laptops now. Not Windows 7 X64 Server, but Windows 7 X64 Home Premuium.

Strangely, it was just one laptop that required the above setting to work without errors (?)

D.

I guess we all need to realize that every machine is really unique after it's been used a while.

Regards,

BobS

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Registered to the forum due to this problem.

I've download the lateset version Coral 8.5.4 and try to run it in my Windows 7 x64 machine (only testing because the server will need to run tomorrow at work using Windows 2008 x64).

I've checked the 2008/2010 VC Runtime versions in Control Panel and I have both x86/x64 versions. I've removed all of them and installed the latest version.

The only thing I've seen is that the doc indicates the "ATL" update (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26368) but this is the "MFC" update. Do we really need the old ATL? (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=11895). I always like to have my systems fully patched ;-)

By the way, the trick about checking the compatibility for "Windows 7" doesn't work under Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks.

Well, executing "Start_as_program.exe" as a normal user gets the Null/Split in the vbs. The browsers opened to localhost/127.0.0.1 doesn't show anything because the server is not running.

But, starting it as the Administrator don't. It presents to me the message about conflicting ports (in my case 443 is used by VMware Workstation) so something is different...

I'll try and post the results but why I can't run an Apache server as a program using a normal user? (other WAMP packages can because I know my users aren't administrators and work with Apache).

Thanks.

Update:

- After changing ports for Apache (8080 and 8443) it works

- I can change the MySQL password

- I can start the Apache server and browse to the Welcome

but ... If I stop the server and execute the "Start_as_program.exe" file as an user, I get the script error and the attempt to start the apache server fails.

Well, I hope tomorrow this procedure will work in the server (Windows 2008 x64) but I would like to have Uniform Server for normal users because in our department the users doesn't have administrative privileges. Any idea about how to do this with Uniform?

Thanks.