The Uniform Server Community

Help with server startup

TheRevTastic

Alright, I recently made it so that my server instance will star on windows booting/login. I am now trying to make it so that the splash screen doesn't open up after startup as it opens up Chrome right away (which has a number of tabs open) that I usually like to open up last after opening a few other programs.

What do I need to do to go about this?

It's in the documentation...

Go to X:\UniServer\uni_con\config_tracker.ini

1- Find

; Display page at start up. true display page false no page

start=true

2- Set to false

; Display page at start up. true display page false no page

start=false

hope this help

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

I got late to the party. For some odd reason I assume that everyone is running the later version. I'm sorry.

There is gotta be a way to turn it off and I'm sure it is in a config file :)

Maybe someone with experience or a search in the forum could get you some answers. Good to know that I'm not the only one running UniServer in production. :P

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

In The Uniform Server versions before 8-Coral, the method of startup is defined in UniServer\unicon\main\includes\config.inc.php.

You'll see that there are two variables that control what happens at startup: $server_standard and $server_service, which are set to 7 by default. Setting these to 3 will suppress the redirect to the index pages If you read the comments in the file, it will be abundantly clear how to change these for your desired actions.

Regards,

BobS