The Uniform Server Community

Sent email is queued but never sent

Robert1982

Using Uniserver 7.1.11 on Windows XP.

Whenever I try to send an email, this is appended to sendmail.log (edited for privacy protection)

Jan 07 16:58:45 host=smtp.myisp.com tls=off auth=off from=robert@mydomain.com recipients=robert@mydomain.com mailsize=197 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 448A12EA0C0' exitcode=EX_OK

I then check my email with my trusty Thunderbird but nothing ever comes in.

It seems the message is queued somewhere but never sent.

I tried this from the command line:

C:\apps\uniserver\msmtp>msmtp --file=C:\apps\uniserver\msmtp\msmtprc.ini --rmqs=@smtp.myisp.com

and it does not report any error but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Cheers!

Using Uniserver 7.1.11 on Windows XP.

Whenever I try to send an email, this is appended to sendmail.log (edited for privacy protection)

Jan 07 16:58:45 host=smtp.myisp.com tls=off auth=off from=robert@mydomain.com recipients=robert@mydomain.com mailsize=197 smtpstatus=250 smtpmsg='250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 448A12EA0C0' exitcode=EX_OK

I then check my email with my trusty Thunderbird but nothing ever comes in.

It seems the message is queued somewhere but never sent.

I tried this from the command line:

C:\apps\uniserver\msmtp>msmtp --file=C:\apps\uniserver\msmtp\msmtprc.ini --rmqs=@smtp.myisp.com

and it does not report any error but it doesn't change anything.

Any ideas on what to try next?

Cheers!

Check your SMTP seetings. Chances are you are not communicating in the right port nor you have SSL enabled which is nodays very common. Are you using your ISP as a relayer? If so, check the smtp settings as I mentioned

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

Check your SMTP seetings. Chances are you are not communicating in the right port nor you have SSL enabled which is nodays very common. Are you using your ISP as a relayer? If so, check the smtp settings as I mentioned

I just checked with my ISP and they changed their SMTP settings! They now require SSL/TLS security, as you said. Where do I change settings? In the php.ini file or the msmtprc.ini file?

Open /UniServer/msmtp/msmtprc.ini with notepad or your txt edit application.

Edit as needed...

Thank you! It seems to work better now -- I get an error saying "This message scored too high for our spam filters", hehe! :) So this means the message makes it to the server. I'll just have to adjust the contents and stuff to lower its spam value. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your help!