The Uniform Server Community

Start_as_program.exe and start_as_service.exe dont work

DrLeandro

This problem appear after move servers files from another computer.

If you try to run the Start_as_program.exe and start_as_service.exe appears warning message "Unable to start apache server" or "unable to start mysql server"

Detail: no erros in log file in apache or myql

Apache and mysql dont start with Start_as_program.exe and start_as_service.exe BUT works property if started with batch files start_apache.bat and start_mysql.bat.

I need any idea to debug this error.

Thanks.

What OS did you move it into?

Go to the .exe properties and make sure files are not locked. If they are, unlock them and try again.

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

What OS did you move it into?

Go to the .exe properties and make sure files are not locked. If they are, unlock them and try again.

Master, to systems is "Windows 7" and my user is administrator and I try to start with "run with administrator"

Files isn't locked.

Note: Start Apache and Start Mysql buttons are cliklable, but "Start Both" no clicklable

Master, to systems is "Windows 7" and my user is administrator and I try to start with "run with administrator"

Files isn't locked.

Note: Start Apache and Start Mysql buttons are cliklable, but "Start Both" no clicklable

can you please stop apache and mysql and try to run the run as service.exe

Go to Event Viewer and tell us what error(s) you're getting.

<p class="bbc_center"><span style="font-size:12px;"><strong>Yoni</strong></span></p>

run_as_service.exe insn't clickable too.

I believe you have an instance of apache or mysql already running there that's why those options are disabled.

Shutdown Uniserver completely, open task manager and ensure there is no mysql1.exe or httpd1.exe service or processes running. Then try again :)

I believe you have an instance of apache or mysql already running there that's why those options are disabled.

Shutdown Uniserver completely, open task manager and ensure there is no mysql1.exe or httpd1.exe service or processes running. Then try again :)

I try this and don't work.

Another note: "clean" uniserver work's perfectly.

My uniserver need run "cuteflow" (uses php+mysql).

I try this and don't work.

Another note: "clean" uniserver work's perfectly.

My uniserver need run "cuteflow" (uses php+mysql).

I was able to reproduce something similar and it was related to what I just pointed out. Do you have another my.ini configuration in that machine? Have you stopped all services or instances of the application and restarted the server (computer)

I was able to reproduce something similar and it was related to what I just pointed out. Do you have another my.ini configuration in that machine? Have you stopped all services or instances of the application and restarted the server (computer)

Hello, my system can be downloaded in http://www.4shared.com/zip/uatGA_WM/Contro...cessos2012.html

Thanks for help.

OKAY!

The PRIMARY problem was that the UniServer\uni_con\config_tracker.ini file was out of sync with reality. It had your .exes still marked as installed as services (which was obviously false for my system).

I suppose I could have run the batch files to install them as services, and then the Start_as_service.exe would have been in sync.

I also reverted your change in UniServer\uni_con\includes\core_config_inc.vbs on line 124. I don't know if this actually was a problem, but why not keep it the same as the "standard"?

With just these changes, the system came up with no problem. "Cute!"

Regards,

BobS

PS. You probably should delete your 4shared copy.

And change your MySQL password to something SECURE!! What you have is no better than "root".

I noticed that you had SyncToy dat files.

You might want to look at TreeComp for comparing and synchronizing directories. I've stopped using SyncToy in favor of it.

See http://lploeger.home.xs4all.nl/TreeComp3.htm

I use it extensively for checking what Ric has fixed from version to version.

Regards,

BobS