The Uniform Server Community

Zero sized files in apache2 folder

jankul80

Hi all,

Yesterday I installed on my PC the new version of Uniform server (Coral 8.0). The server runs ok, but today I saw in folder apache2 each one file from my www directory copied or cached in zero size. I want to ask how I can stop this because I haven't seen this in Orion versions of the Uniform server. It is annoying me.

Second, I want to ask how to install the Uni_tray plugin. I downloaded it and unzipped it in plugin folder. When I try to start the plugin Windows pops up an information that Uni_tray1.ini is missing and it can't run the program.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Yavor

For the first problem, this is totally new. Unfortunately, we need more details, such as file names, date and time, etc. and what was happening when these files appeared.

The second problem is much easier. The UniTray plugin, doesn't install into the "plugins" directory, but rather to the UniServer directory (where the Start_as_Program.exe resides). It will add information to the plugins directory. In the future, when you have doubts about where a particular zip/7z/exe will extract files, you can always create new empty directory, use that as the target, and then inspect it to see what files and subdirectories are created.

Regards,

BobS

For the first problem, this is totally new. Unfortunately, we need more details, such as file names, date and time, etc. and what was happening when these files appeared.

The second problem is much easier. The UniTray plugin, doesn't install into the "plugins" directory, but rather to the UniServer directory (where the Start_as_Program.exe resides). It will add information to the plugins directory. In the future, when you have doubts about where a particular zip/7z/exe will extract files, you can always create new empty directory, use that as the target, and then inspect it to see what files and subdirectories are created.

Regards,

BobS

Thank you for your reply BobS.

In www folder I have a subfolder where is placed my website that is visible in the internet. The website is dynamic, consisting of different subfolders and php files into them. When the website is visited these files appear in apache2 folder with the exact same name as in website folders but they are empty files. In the same time I haven't seen any problems loading the website itself.

I've tried to search in httpd.conf for some solution of this problem but with no success. The only one thing that I've done was to uncomment the line "EnableSendfile off" - nothing's changed.

I am attaching a screenshot of apache2 folder with the files that appear.

Regards,

Yavor

post-5526-1323811837_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry this took so long to reply (lost the thread).

I'm also sorry that I haven't a clue what would create these. Still not enough information. Are these file names the same as in the public folder? Why would you need .php files open to the public?

I also suggest you create a duplicate site NOT ope to the public, and see if you can duplicate this. You could access it from another computer on your local LAN to simulate "external" access.

Regards,

BobS