The Uniform Server Community

Unhandled win32 exception occurred in Apache.exe

Loritide

Hey All,

So, I was having a lot of trouble starting the Apache server with Uniform Server 7.1.2-Orion. I kept getting an "Unhandled win32 exception occurred in Apache.exe."

After Googling, searching through the Uniform Server Forum, playing with the Apache configuration, etc. I discovered that a previous install of WAMP was messing me up. The particular culprit was PHP 5.2.14. Once I uninstalled this, Uniform Server worked like a charm. The Uniform Server had a newer version of PHP (5.3.6) compared to my older installed version.

Hopefully this helps someone out by saving them time if they run into the same problem I did.

Note, this was on a Windows XP Service Pack 3 machine and I have Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition installed in case anyone cares.

UniServer_Forum_Exception.bmpUniServer_Forum_Info.bmp

Thanks for the comments. It's always a problem to know just how to uninstall or get rid of interference from other WAMPs. The Uniform Server is self-contained by design, so that deleting the main directory will erase ALL of it.

Regards,

BobS