The Uniform Server Community

Cant get it to work.

stClem

A. If you have a single installation of PHP or MySQL, it will screw things up!

B. Have patience, after starting the server with Start.bat, and the redirect.php page loads, wait 10 secs and enter http://localhost in the address bar and see if that will load... takes a while for it to load on some PCs.

C. What OS are you using? Do you get any error upon clicking Start.bat?

I had a single install og apache 2 and php 505, but i did not get the php to work.

Thets the reason im trying to get the uniform server to work. I have tested the uniform server on a other computer, and there it is no problems.

Think it is something whit the apache og php instalation who not is remobed, anf is makeing trubble. Can anyone tell me how to make this work whitout reformating the hd.

Uninstall both the current PHP and Apache installation using Control Panel and then go to C:/Windows and C:/Windows/System32 and delete LIBMYSQL.DLL, if found.

C. What OS are you using? Do you get any error upon clicking Start.bat?

1452[/snapback]

What OS are you using? and did you get a error from Start.bat? If not, the server is suppose to work.

- i use win xp sp2.

- i do not get error from start.bat. It starts a dos window, saying somting about the server is running on w:.......

Then the window is closing.

- After the start.bat, i come to

W:\home\admin\WWW\redirect.html, and it stand go to main page (its a link), but when i click on the link, nothing happens, and when i try localhost, it only works for a loooooong time, and then nothing happens.

- I can go to W: in the filebrowser.....

After starting the server, is there a W:/ drive in My Computer?

Did you uninstall the single installations of PHP and Apache on your PC?

What happens after the 10 seconds when you enter http://localhost? and is the W:/ drive still there?

W:/ is on my computer after starting server.

Did uninstall the php and apache istallations. Had installed xampp to, but this is also uninstalled.

Nothing happens at all, the webbrowser is looking for the page, and thats all...

W:/ is still there.

no, im not sure, but all the other servers are uninstalled by control panel. But i think it is something about the uninstall of apache. This i think becuse i did not get the xampp to work either, ond when i install apache on another directory than the first i use, apache do not work.

So i think i need to know how to completley remove apache.

I installed the apache server again, and tested it. Apache server works.

Uninstalled the apache server after i haved stoped the server and closed it. But the unifrom server still not work.

When i look at service (or somthing like that, i dont have a englis windows so im not sure what it is named in english), i still can se the apache server.

Look at this picture:

apache.gif

This is bad.... stop that service and test if Uniform Server will work... if it doesn't, you have to reinstall Apache, find a way to remove the Service with the Uninstallation...

:) next time you wont make that mistake of installing Apache wrongly... i envy you all that can just reinstall Windows when you like... i can't... cause of my files and so on :(