The Uniform Server Community

Antivir false positive on Run_pre_check.exe

DavidCG

I just downloaded the new Orion package and Antivir Free (latest updates) flagged Run_pre_check.exe as a virus - 'TR/Dropper.gen' - could anyone else confirm they're seeing the same?

I'm guessing this is a false positive ;) and have reported it to Antivir.

Pre-check was added some time ago (5.6.13 see change log) it’s a PHP script. This script has not changed (checked against version 5.7.2) it could be PHP 5.3.6 throwing a false positive.

To confirm this download previous version (5.7.5) of Uniform server if it throws same error you may have a real virus infection.

Then again “Antivir Free (latest updates)” may be the culprit, will be interesting to know response from Antivir. Running Avast displays no threats found.

I just downloaded the new Orion package and Antivir Free (latest updates) flagged Run_pre_check.exe as a virus - 'TR/Dropper.gen' - could anyone else confirm they're seeing the same?

I'm guessing this is a false positive ;) and have reported it to Antivir.

I also had the 'TR/Dropper.gen' virus alarm of Avira Antivir (latest (= today) update) concerning run_pre_check.exe in the 5.7.5 Nano package.

Thanks for reporting it to Antivir.

aoristos post

I also had the 'TR/Dropper.gen' virus alarm of Avira Antivir (latest (= today) update) concerning run_pre_check.exe in the 5.7.5 Nano package.

Thanks for reporting it to Antivir.

Confirms it’s an Antivir update false positive ;)

and not PHP or Uniform Server problem. :o

I just received a reply from Avira - they confirm false positive and virus signatures will be updated accordingly.

P.S. I would have replied to you guys earlier but didn't get thread notification for some reason.