The Uniform Server Community

Serious crash using new versions

mojito

When developing my local community website www.mycambs.com on localhost since upgrading The system occasionally crashes at the point of clicking a link in the localhost portal admin area.

The upgrade gave me the following versions:

mySQL 4.1.12a

php 5.0.4

It crashes in the most spectacular way and never wants to run scan disk on reboot.

Is there any way I check all is well.

the apache log file is as such

[Tue Oct 11 12:46:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:46:09 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:46:07 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:46:07 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:46:00 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:46:00 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:45:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:45:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:45:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/a
[Tue Oct 11 12:44:45 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:44:44 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:44:41 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:24 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:15 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:15 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:11 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:11 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:08 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:08 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico
[Tue Oct 11 12:43:07 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: W:/www/favicon.ico

It is also a pain to have to start mysql each time i want to do get the localhost.

I am thinking I need to uninstal and try a more newbie friendly system.

I do like this lightweight style no bloatware approach.

What can I do to work out the error.

Another clue is that windows is never able to compile an error report. And it says it has recovered from a serious issue.

thanks for any clues.

mojito

http://www.landed.at - a travel forum, please come along and post something about a destination you know.

The apache log file does not say anything that seems to be out of bound?...

When you said since upgrading? Did you upgrade the server package yourself or upgraded to a new version like 3.2a? And when you upgraded, how did you upgrade? did you just replace/overwrite everything?

I did instal php (to replace the old version) as a separate install (at the time i had an old uniform install as service) because that was what i needed to upgrade. Then I saw it was a different way to which it was installed under Uniform server.

I think I need to uninstal everything, i mean the c:/php folder is gone, i did an uninstal when i realised that was running alongside my new install of 3_2a.

Its just not right somewhere. What files need to be gotten rid of, are there and registry items I could cleanout. Maybe I should try that first.

thanks

mojito

http://www.landed.at - a travel forum, please come along and post something about a destination you know.

Men, you really messed up big time. Big Time! :)

Uninstall any single installations of PHP, MySQL, and Apache.

Go to C:/Windows and C:/Windows/System32 and delete LIBMYSQL.DLL, if you find it there.

If there is registry, its not from us and there should not be after uninstall of single installations.

BTW: What do you click in the admin panel that crashes the system? Or is it all the links that crashes it?

Men, you really messed up big time. Big Time! :)

Uninstall any single installations of PHP, MySQL, and Apache.

Go to C:/Windows and C:/Windows/System32 and delete LIBMYSQL.DLL, if you find it there.

If there is registry, its not from us and there should not be after uninstall of single installations.

BTW: What do you click in the admin panel that crashes the system? Or is it all the links that crashes it?

1437[/snapback]

I do that alot!

I got rid of the php install-

ran the run.bat to instal as service- now it is better than having to run it each time. It copied my www directory though and the instal ran on a bit but ot seemed ok.

still had the crashes!

I have put it down to browser issue as it only happens when i use firefox! I didnt realise this earlier so im happy on the one hand but i prefer tabbed browsing. dont have mozzila to try. Its interesting though.

thanks for your help-btw im not getting email notification of your replies.

Can I safely delete my old file copy currently UniServer3_2a -I have the copy of www and data for mySQL.

mojito

Yes you can...

You have to subscribe to it to receive notifications.... About the Firefox problem, thats new and never happened.

1467[/snapback]

i got an email this time!

yes i thought it might be interesting, might some daredevil people try it ???

thanks for your support, i can continue using your software

thanks

mojito