The Uniform Server Community

UI Issues on Windows 7

Marshalrusty

I performed a quick search and haven't found anything about this, but I fully admit that I could have missed it. If so, just point me in the right direction.

During registration, I was asked for the OS which I am running Uniform Server on. Windows 7 is not on the list, so I'm guessing that the options are imply outdated (the other option being that 7 is not supported).

I am running Carbo_6_0_6, freshly installed on Windows 7. The UI behaves erratically and I'm not sure whether this is a known bug or something specific to my system.

I've tried to explain it as well as possible here: http://temp.marshalrusty.com/uniserver_ui.png

The menu essentially pops up in the middle of the screen and the icons jump around as they are clicked.

Any help would be appreciated.

At least to me, what your snapshot tells is normal in Carbo 6, not Windoze 7 specific ...

Carbo 6 has new style popup menu with a couple of dynamic contents, a bit more vivid than before ...

I performed a quick search and haven't found anything about this, but I fully admit that I could have missed it. If so, just point me in the right direction.

During registration, I was asked for the OS which I am running Uniform Server on. Windows 7 is not on the list, so I'm guessing that the options are imply outdated (the other option being that 7 is not supported).

I am running Carbo_6_0_6, freshly installed on Windows 7. The UI behaves erratically and I'm not sure whether this is a known bug or something specific to my system.

I've tried to explain it as well as possible here: http://temp.marshalrusty.com/uniserver_ui.png

The menu essentially pops up in the middle of the screen and the icons jump around as they are clicked.

Any help would be appreciated.

At least to me, what your snapshot tells is normal in Carbo 6, not Windoze 7 specific ...

Carbo 6 has new style popup menu with a couple of dynamic contents, a bit more vivid than before ...

I tested this in Windows XP in a VM and the behavior is very different. In fact, it has to be different because the start menu behaves completely differently in Windows 7 from past versions. There is a clear problem under Windows 7