The Uniform Server Community

Back-up Solution

kronewi

I am attempting to create a way to make automated back-ups of my UniServer3_2. I would like to have the computer automatically back-up at 2:00 AM Friday mornings. I am trying to do this with RichCopy.

I am currently running the following commands:

mysqlstop.bat

stop.bat

richcopy.exe "C:\UniServer3_2" "D:\Backup" /ALWS

The problem is that even though I have shut the server down RichCopy cannot copy all the files because they are still in use. When I look in Task Manager I see that mysqld-opt is still running and I think that this is keeping some of the files in the diskw directory open.

Is there a command I need to run to stop this program after shutting down the server or is there a better way? I just want to simply copy the entire UniServer3_2 directory to another drive when the server is not in use.

Thank you for any help you can provide!

Depending upon your OS, you may have shadow copy or recovery point etc for backup ;-)

No UniServer3_2 by hand following the fashion, but hope you can find something like 'UniServer/alternative_control/Stop_Server.bat' for stopping both Apache and MySQL ...

I am attempting to create a way to make automated back-ups of my UniServer3_2. I would like to have the computer automatically back-up at 2:00 AM Friday mornings. I am trying to do this with RichCopy.

I am currently running the following commands:

mysqlstop.bat

stop.bat

richcopy.exe "C:\UniServer3_2" "D:\Backup" /ALWS

The problem is that even though I have shut the server down RichCopy cannot copy all the files because they are still in use. When I look in Task Manager I see that mysqld-opt is still running and I think that this is keeping some of the files in the diskw directory open.

Is there a command I need to run to stop this program after shutting down the server or is there a better way? I just want to simply copy the entire UniServer3_2 directory to another drive when the server is not in use.

Thank you for any help you can provide!