The Uniform Server Community

Restarting Server

Chaim

Hi,

I am trying out the uniform server and can't figure out how to restart apache without having to stop and rerun the service.

Currently everything is running as a service and when I make changes to php.ini or http.config - the changes have no effect.

I tried what is says on this wiki page

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/Ad...estart_Services

by clicking on the Restart Apache service on the left side of the administration page and then clicking confirm and it still don't recognize any changes made to the php.ini or http.config files.

Also is there a one click way to RESTART APACHE from the desktop or start menu without having to always go into the uniserver admin page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chaim

In all honesty I can’t answer this question!

What OS are you using?

What Version of Uniform Server are you using?

“Also is there a one click way to RESTART APACHE from the desktop or start menu without having to always go into the uniserver admin page.”

Unitray mirrors Apanel!

All the best

Ric :)

In all honesty I can’t answer this question!

What OS are you using?

What Version of Uniform Server are you using?

“Also is there a one click way to RESTART APACHE from the desktop or start menu without having to always go into the uniserver admin page.”

Unitray mirrors Apanel!

All the best

Uniform Server 5.6.9-Nano

Windows XP service pack 3

When you say unitray mirros Apanel - do you mean that unitray has a link to apanel?

Thanks,

That was the information I wanted.

When run as a service to make changes

Stop services as follows:

1] Start Unitray

2] Right click tray menu

3] Click Stop and remove all services

4] Right click tray menu and click server status – Confirm servers are free to install

Apache config changes:

5] Make changes to Apache configuration file

6] From unitary run Apache syntax check – correct any errors reported

PHP configuration

7] Edit three configuration files php.ini, php.ini_production_nano and php.ini_delvelopment_nano

Note 1: php.ini is the file used by PHP

Note 2: php.ini_production_nano and php.ini_delvelopment_nano are selected from tray menu. For example Right click>Advance> select either switch to production or switch to dvelopment. File php.ini is overwritten by the file selected.

Start Services

After making changes restart servers as follows:

8] Right click tray menu

9] Click Install and run services

“I am trying out the uniform server and can't figure out how to restart apache without having to stop and rerun the service.”

From the above I hope it is clear that Install/start and Stop/Uninstall are ingle button clicks and that there is no separate start or stop servers. This dual functionality was introduced for convenience.

If you do want this functionality you need to edit the tray menu configuration file.

To the right section add menu items

Install Apache Service

Uninstall Apache service.

Start Apache Service

Stop Apache Service

Repeat the above for MySQL

Edit and separate individual components in appropriate control functions

“Currently everything is running as a service and when I make changes to php.ini or http.config - the changes have no effect. “

The above steps 1 to 9 work. Do log files, syntax check or run status show any issues.

“When you say unitray mirros Apanel - do you mean that unitray has a link to apanel?”

They both run the same core functions.

All the best

“Where is the tray menu configuration file?”

File location: UniServer\unicon\tray_menu\UniTray1.ini

Note: If you moved (multi-server configuration) servers UniTray1.ini digit is incremented to match tray icon number displayed.

If you add menu items edit files service_install_run.php and service_stop_uninstall.php

Split these into sections (binary code to select appropriate section), or create separate functions.

“Also, if your team isn't aware of it yet, clicking the Restart Apache service on the left side of the administration page doesn't work.”

I have checked this it works fine. Sometimes depending on browser you have to clear it’s cache to display new pages.

All the best

“Where is the tray menu configuration file?”

File location: UniServer\unicon\tray_menu\UniTray1.ini

Note: If you moved (multi-server configuration) servers UniTray1.ini digit is incremented to match tray icon number displayed.

If you add menu items edit files service_install_run.php and service_stop_uninstall.php

Split these into sections (binary code to select appropriate section), or create separate functions.

“Also, if your team isn't aware of it yet, clicking the Restart Apache service on the left side of the administration page doesn't work.”

I have checked this it works fine. Sometimes depending on browser you have to clear it’s cache to display new pages.

All the best

Sorry.

I meant that after you click on it and then click confirm the changes made to the php.ini and http.config didn't show.

Chaim

Thanks for all your quick responses!!!