The Uniform Server Community

[Feedback] Uniform Server as a live MySQL server

Sordello

Hi

I was having a lot of trouble with MySQL official setup. It was installed ok but when I opened their initial config software crashed a lot of times.

One week ago I have tried WampServer.com but it crashed in minutes of use. I read about and discovered it's not good as a production server.

So I found UniformServer yesterday. I installed on a Windows 2003 'dedicated' box where I have some software that I need 24 hours up. This server is a cloud with 2ghz and 2GB RAM.

I imported my 9GB MySQL database using and edited my.ini according to some tutorials I have read and done these modifications (indeed I cant remember if some lines was or not in default my.ini) and now I have this:

[mysqld]

server-id = 1

pid-file=mysql.pid

default-character-set=utf8

default-storage-engine=MYISAM

skip-locking

max_connections=1000

query_cache_size=8M

table_cache= 64

table_open_cache = 64

tmp_table_size=5M

thread_cache_size=8

I'm not using Apache but only MySQL server and performance is so great I can't believe, better than in old server that was managed by RackSpace. I have about 30k queries/hour and MySQL is consuming lass than 400ghz and 300MB RAM. It's great, don't?

I opened this post to share my experience only. But if you have some tip about optimize MySQL server please say me.

(My Windows 2003 box is a 2ghz and 2GB RAM)

Regards,

Diego

Sorry for my bad English! If something is not clear please say and I try explain better ;)