The Uniform Server Community

Migrate from 4.2 to 5.5 - PHP / MYSQL stuff won't load

davil

Hi all,

Simple enough query here, I moved from 4.2 on Windows XP to Uniform server 5.5 when I installed Windows 7 this week. When I try to use my PHP/MySQL page it just consantly says loading, but when I use 4.2 on Windows 7 it works fine, I'd like to upgrade - can anybody tell me what's happening here.

Oh , normal pages and directories seem to load no problem at all, but two of my sites that I was working on won't load at all. the browser just says "waiting for localhost"

Simple PHP code like this works fine:

<?php
echo 5+6;
?>

but I tried to include my functions.php and it took something like 60 seconds to fully load the page. am I doing something wrong here??

In your scripts that access MySQL for dbhost replace “localhost” with 127.0.0.1

I cant see why your include functions.php script takes that length of time to load.

All the best

Ric :)

In your scripts that access MySQL for dbhost replace “localhost” with 127.0.0.1

I cant see why your include functions.php script takes that length of time to load.

All the best

Ric :)

Sorry I did mean to say my config.php, which loads functions.php but also has all the settings in it for Database server, so I'll change from localhost to 127.0.0.1 now and that should sort it.

Thanks.