The Uniform Server Community

Running UniServer from USB / Flash drive

nv1962

Hi, thanks for the Mona-4.0 release! Wrote a little blurb here about it.

As usual, an uncanny fast "installation" with great performance. On my desktop it works like a charm.

However, I have a very small laptop (an Asus Eee PC 4G running a trimmed XP Home) which doesn't have a harddrive, but solid-state 4GB SRAM instead, so I'm using an SD card as the "external" hard drive. Now, when I fire up UniServer from that SD card, it won't assign a drive letter... I tried the start_bat, the UniController... Nada.

Any pointers to get my ultra-portable web server going on the road? :)

I am not sure what is missing in a trimmed XP home there may be some basic elements that will prevent it running.

From your post since you are expecting a virtual drive letter to be created you have a “Basic” install of Mona.

Try installing as “Disk-root” that is copy everything in folder “udrive” to the top-level of your SD-card. Finally copy Unicontroller from folder UniServer again to the top-level of SD-card.

Mona will run from the drive letter assigned to the SD-card it does not create a virtual drive.

Check out the Wiki for details of install options.

All the best

Ric :)

Uh... What's missing is my brain. I was so dumb to pump over an existing server...

Yeah.

After reinstalling a fresh Mona, I could start just like any standard Basic server.

Awesome: a little ultraportable Uniform Server out there with a fully equipped site running on it!

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. :-)