The Uniform Server Community

wordpress mini server upload error

megan

Hi - I am continuing my wordpress education using the wordpress mini server (thanks!) but I have run into the problem that when I try to upload an image in the wordpress admin the connection is lost - I get no error message with the flash uploader but lost connection is the message I get using the regular file upload. Also I should mention I have upgrade to WP 2.7 and so far everything else seems to be working - I went back to the original miniserver package with 2.6 and the wp upload does not work in that version either.

any suggestions? is there some setting somewhere that I need to make???

thanks, Megan

Try changing the PHP Maximum Upload Size...?

OK - I did that - it was set to 10 MB and the file I wanted to upload was 7kb

I changed the upload size to 100 MB

I looked in udrive\tmp directory and there are now some tmp files in there

wordpress creates directories for the files it uploads - do you think the problem

is that wordpress can't create the necessary directories? if so, how would I fix that???

just a wild guess, I really don't know what I'm doing, Thanks, Megan

hmm, that might be the problem, but i would think everything should be ok and it should be able to create the directories since file and tmp files can be created..

So Wordpress 7 and the original copy that comes with the server doesnt work?

hmm, that might be the problem, but i would think everything should be ok and it should be able to create the directories since file and tmp files can be created..

So Wordpress 7 and the original copy that comes with the server doesnt work?

You'r eright - if it can write tmp files then it stands to reason it should be able to write write folders -

and yes the problem is the same on an out of the box (er zip) of wp mini server with wp 2.6 or wp mini server upgraded to 2.7

I guess my next step is to install WP2.7 on the full uniform server and see if it works, but I really really was hoping to get everything working on the mini server . I been monkeying around quite a bit and this upload issue seems to be the only issue.

thanks, Megan

Ok - I'm beta testing Mona now (Beautiful Job! btw) installed wp 2.7 without one single hitch and the upload works just fine on this full version so there must be some little something that the mini server needs for upload to work. - thanks! Megan

You might have to compare them side by side. If its an extension or a module.

Yeah - I thought of that but there are so many more modules in the full version and I even tho I looked at the descriptions of what various modules do ... I think I will just wait for the new version 4 to be official and maybe Ric will put out some new versions of some of the mini servers.

thanks, Megan

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay been busy!

Please note mini_server_16_wordpress has been updated.

New Versions are:

mini_server_16_wordpress_v1_1.exe

mini_server_16_wordpress_v1_1.zip

Upgraded to WordPress 2.7 and updated .htaccess file

Image upload now works.

All the best

Ric :)