The Uniform Server Community

Pin down connection problem

pappysniper

I was wondering if there would be a way to to pin down my connection problems

yahoo say my site dose not exist when I use site explorer, when I try to add back links can never connect, I get a 500 error.

If I type in my url into the address bar the site works if I access through google it works so I don't know what's going on.

I have dyndns url I check the updating everything is ok.

what I am here for is to find out if anyone has any idea of how I could pin down where the problem would lie, where I should start or any tools I could use.

Thanks in advance

I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me in the past.

Thank you..........

I was wondering if there would be a way to to pin down my connection problems

yahoo say my site dose not exist when I use site explorer, when I try to add back links can never connect, I get a 500 error.

If I type in my url into the address bar the site works if I access through google it works so I don't know what's going on.

I have dyndns url I check the updating everything is ok.

what I am here for is to find out if anyone has any idea of how I could pin down where the problem would lie, where I should start or any tools I could use.

Thanks in advance

I do appreciate all the help you guys have given me in the past.

Thank you..........

I used a url checker (validator.w3.org) and got this: 500 Can't connect to www.uploadaproperty.dyndns.org:80 (Bad hostname 'www.uploadaproperty.dyndns.org')

Try to connect without www.

Thanks for your reply

I think I found what the problem was, at dyndns the site was registered as mysite.dyndns.org,

and the same with my router but on my site I had named it http://www.mysite.dyndns.org, also had to make some small changes to virtual host doc.

seem to working ok now even though yahoo still thinks I don't exist but who need them when you've got the wonderful world of google

Tthanks agin