The Uniform Server Community

Unicon

Ric

Unicon

After finishing the mini-servers there have been a number of requests to combine these into a complete server. In addition numerous request how to update Uniform Server 3.5. Well we do listen; an upgraded version is now in beta, I must stress this is not Version 4 but has been provisionally named 3.6-Apollo2.

Provisional information can be found on the Wiki

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/3....2:_Introduction

A spin off from the above is a new controller this has been converted to run Uniform Server 3.5-Apollo and can be downloaded from the Wiki.

http://wiki.uniformserver.com/index.php/Unicon:_Introduction

I would like to express my thanks to DannyH for beta testing the new controller on Vista and trust he does not find to may issues with 3.6

All the best

Ric :D

• 2 months later...

With the release of 4.0-Mona the disappearance of 3.6-Apollo from the Wiki I can now explain.

It was pulled from the Wiki and dismantled; the better ideas and functionality are integrated into Mona along with additional features. The Apollo update would have led to confusion and an impossible task to maintain if left on the Wiki.

Mona has the great advantage in that it has been fully tested and ripped apart by the beta team. The design team have addressed all problems found hence it should be an excellent piece of kit. Mona has a very small footprint while retaining maximum functionality making it ideal as a test, teaching and production server.

All the best

Ric :)