The Uniform Server Community

Very odd problem.

What OS are you using and what happens? How do you know it stopped working?

If you are using XP, Check the Task Manager whenever u say it stops working and see if Apache.exe is still there?

What OS are you using and what happens? How do you know it stopped working?

If you are using XP, Check the Task Manager whenever u say it stops working and see if Apache.exe is still there?

1039[/snapback]

Using windows xp sp1.

My website doesnt load, then i check localhost and thats not working either, just doesnt load. But everything loads fine when i stop and start it all up again.

Ihavent chekced the task manager, but i hsall do that next time it stops working and report back in here.

Thanks for the reply.

Ok its stoped again and apache is still in the task manager.

Im using Zone alarm security suit, but have done ever since uniform server has been aroun with no problems.

Its weird how it will work for a while then just stop working, cant think of anything other than zone alarm that could cause it. but i know its not zonealarm.

How do you know it stopped? If Apache.exe is still running in the task manager and the W:/ drive is still up, then it didn't. Are u testing it with Mambo?

How do you know it stopped? If Apache.exe is still running in the task manager and the W:/ drive is still up, then it didn't. Are u testing it with Mambo?

1055[/snapback]

No im not testing it with mambo, i know its stoped because when i try to connect to my website via web adress or localhost it does not work, i cant even view a folder, it says cannot connect to localhost, and either cannot connect to "mywebsiteadress" When this happens ai have to stop the server, then start it again.

k.. but you still didn't answer the needed question for me to help you.

When you say the server stopped, is Apache.exe still running in the Task Manager and is the W:/ drive still there in the My Computer?

k.. but you still didn't answer the needed question for me to help you.

When you say the server stopped, is Apache.exe still running in the Task Manager and is the W:/ drive still there in the My Computer?

1064[/snapback]

Apche is still in the taks manager yes, and the w drive is still there also.

If Apache.exe is still running and the W:/ drive is still there, then that means the server is still running.

When next the server goes off as you say, then try and load a different location.. like http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 or a folder under it and tell me if it loads

Also is there something you load or run before the server stops? like after starting the server and u run this programs it stops.. did you notice anything like that :P

If Apache.exe is still running and the W:/ drive is still there, then that means the server is still running.

When next the server goes off as you say, then try and load a different location.. like http://localhost or http://127.0.0.1 or a folder under it and tell me if it loads

Also is there something you load or run before the server stops? like after starting the server and u run this programs it stops.. did you notice anything like that :P

1066[/snapback]

Those locations dont work, nor do any sub folders under them.

I cant notice anything that i run that courses it, my PC can be idle and it will just stop working.

I might try a odler verison and see if it does the same.

This is a new problem and i have never heard of it... and i am sure it is not the server but might be something blocking it or causing that to happen....

Try the older version and tell me what happens.

U know what, Pockets might be right...

Next time this happens, check the site on another PC if you are on a network... just type the network address of the pc the Uniform Server is on on the other pc's browser.

U know what, Pockets might be right...

Next time this happens, check the site on another PC if you are on a network... just type the network address of the pc the Uniform Server is on on the other pc's browser.

1073[/snapback]

I dont set my hdd to power down in the power options.

Ive tryed other verions of uniform server with no luck :P

I think the problem is with your PC or a program causing this. This is not a Uniform Server problem.... can u tell me all programs you have installed? or take a screenshot of your whole running Proccesses/Running Task?

Also try it without launching any program or anything and see if that happens...