The Uniform Server Community

Where is the file?

krayziehustler

I assume you used PHP to create a new database and associated tables.

To find the raw data look in folder: *\Uniform Server\udrive\usr\local\mysql\data

Here you will find a list of folders corresponding to each database you create. Inside these folders are their associated tables along with some additional files used by MySQL for house keeping. If you want to upload your database to a service provider you cannot use this raw data directly.

To transfer data to your service provider’s MySQL server you require a file containing the appropriate SQL instructions. These instructions are used for creating the database, tables and data.

The above file can be generated using phpMyAdmin, run apanel by typing http://localhost/apanel into your browser. Under tools (left menu) click on the link phpMyAdmin, a new page opens; to the left you will find a drop down menu listing all databases on the server. Select your database from the list this opens a new window displaying all tables in your database.

Along the top menu bar select Export, this page is where you select options suitable for your service provider’s server; it generates a suitable file for uploading.

The above is only a pointer; you need to know what your service provider is running in terms of third party software (check out their help area). As to learning how to use phpMyAdmin check out their site for tutorials.

Note: Most service providers allow only a single database; this will have been created for you. If this is the case you only need to export your tables and import them to your providers server. (If provided with a single database, you cannot dynamically create new databases with PHP.)

All the best

Ric :)

I assume you used PHP to create a new database and associated tables.

To find the raw data look in folder: *\Uniform Server\udrive\usr\local\mysql\data

Here you will find a list of folders corresponding to each database you create. Inside these folders are their associated tables along with some additional files used by MySQL for house keeping. If you want to upload your database to a service provider you cannot use this raw data directly.

To transfer data to your service provider’s MySQL server you require a file containing the appropriate SQL instructions. These instructions are used for creating the database, tables and data.

The above file can be generated using phpMyAdmin, run apanel by typing http://localhost/apanel into your browser. Under tools (left menu) click on the link phpMyAdmin, a new page opens; to the left you will find a drop down menu listing all databases on the server. Select your database from the list this opens a new window displaying all tables in your database.

Along the top menu bar select Export, this page is where you select options suitable for your service provider’s server; it generates a suitable file for uploading.

The above is only a pointer; you need to know what your service provider is running in terms of third party software (check out their help area). As to learning how to use phpMyAdmin check out their site for tutorials.

Note: Most service providers allow only a single database; this will have been created for you. If this is the case you only need to export your tables and import them to your providers server. (If provided with a single database, you cannot dynamically create new databases with PHP.)

All the best

Ric :)

sweet, this is my first open source project, i use ASP and SQL Server usually and they are both by Microsoft so integrating them with the Microsoft host package i got from my provider takes only seconds......thanks a bunch