The Uniform Server Community

INVALID SQL: 10001

vmc

I'm using uniserver for my local test server for my ecommerce software...xcart... Everything was working fine till yesterday while trying to import into the DB I get the following error:

INVALID SQL: 10001 : The size of the data package being transmitted is greater than maximum allowed by the server

SQL QUERY FAILURE:UPDATE xcart_sessions_data SET data=

I truncated all the jibber jabber out of it...

My php settings on uniserver are:

Max memory amount 256M

post_max_size = 32M

upload_max_filesize = 32M

max_allowed_packet = 32M

The file that I am trying to import is only 900KB...so I am confused as to where the problem lies...everyone tells me to put this line in my.ini file "max_allowed_packet = 32M"...Well there is no my.ini file on uniserver only php.ini and I put that line with in this file hoping that this would resolve my problem... Is there another config file???

Surly this is something that has come up before....thanks

The file you are looking for “my.ini” is named my-small located in folder:

*\Uniform Server\udrive\usr\local\mysql\bin

Try the line in that file.

All the best

Ric :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's a tricky little file...I would have never guessed that to be the file I needed...

Question...I see two line in the file that is related to max_allowed_packet....what is the difference between the two...one was set by default at 1M while the other was at 16M.

Is there anything that I may want to change in there??? I have 4G of memory on here so I'm not sure what is best to change...

Thanks

Chad

Optimising is a complex area it’s not just a matter of allocating maximum memory for a particular application because this will impact on other application including the OS.

There is a lot of information on the Internet Google “optimize mysql memory size” take a look at these pages:

http://emergent.urbanpug.com/?p=61 and

http://www.hannonhill.com/kb/install/optim...erformance.html

These were taken at random, they highlight one significant point memory usage is dependant on the type of database you are using.

Take a look at the on-line MySQL manual; it has a search facility where you can search for max_allowed_packet, makes interesting reading:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/ser...-variables.html

What I am trying to say optimisation is not a yes no type answer it is dependant on a whole host of other things including the type of material you are serving to the end user.

All the best

Ric :)