The Uniform Server Community

Forbidden 403

jatwood

I'm keen to get Uniform Server up to do some dev for Textpattern...

Install went fine, server starts, browser hits redirect page - then gives me the 403.

I've tried all the common fixes listed at the UniCenter - even swapping listening ports but keep getting told i don't have access!

The Perl checker told me i had another server running which may be conflicting, but i'm not aware of anything that should be running - i've always disabled IIS etc. as soon as i install my os...

When Textpattern asked you to create a config.php file were you able to complete this step?

The Perl checker! I assume you ran this before starting Uniform Server, it checks to see if port 80 is in use. Hence will detect US if that is running.

All the best

Ric :D

Hi Olajide, gave Textpattern a quick road test and it does pop in an htaccess file.

For any one that is interested the problem is the following line, it needs to be un-commented as shown:

Options +FollowSymLinks

Complete htaccess file should look like this:

#DirectoryIndex index.php index.html

Options +FollowSymLinks

#Options -Indexes

RewriteEngine On

#RewriteBase /relative/web/path/

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d

RewriteRule ^(.+) - [PT,L]

RewriteRule ^(.*) index.php

#php_value register_globals 0

General note: I have seen several cases where Rewrite is used in htaccess files and the line

Options +FollowSymLinks

is missing which effectively informs Apache to ignore mod_rewrite. Shows up in the log files as:

[client 127.0.0.1] Options FollowSymLinks or SymLinksIfOwnerMatch is off which implies that RewriteRule directive is forbidden: W:/www/textpattern/

Apache log files are located in folder:

*\Uniform Server\udrive\usr\local\apache2\logs

All the best

Ric :D