The Uniform Server Community

Trying to shutdown gracefully for backup

JohnBee

Hi, I have been using uniservr for several weeks now and it has been working very nicely as a application development webserver. Recently I decided to add my critical files to my nightly backup procedure and found that my MySQL data cannot be backed up properly while the process if running. Luckily my backup software allows for pre/post command options to help shutdown and restart applications under such conditions.

The problem is every time I run the command Stop.bat, whenever the back is completed, it hangs on the Server_Start.bat command every single time. It gives a message about Drive W waiting or being in use or something of the sort.

Is there any way around this?

I can stop /start the server manually without any such issues, the only time this comes up is when I run the commands through my backup scheduler.

You probably have the commands wrong... i dont know how the scheduler runs command so cant much help here, but what command are you using? or are you just running the .bat file?

If it hangs and gives and error about the W:/ drive, it means that the virtual SUBST drive was not shut down....

You probably have the commands wrong... i dont know how the scheduler runs command so cant much help here, but what command are you using? or are you just running the .bat file?

If it hangs and gives and error about the W:/ drive, it means that the virtual SUBST drive was not shut down....

Okay, I was running the stop.bat file. I'm not sure if but it looks as though the backup soft. doesn't manage commands very well. I suspect it has something to do with the command being run outside the unisrv. root dir.

The scheduler can run any file or raw command. I was wondering if perhaps there wasn't a better way to shut it down than running the batch file?

I want you to try it one more time and after the scheduler shutdown the server, go to My Computer and tell me if you see the W:/ drive?