The Uniform Server Community

Unable to stop Apache

esson

Hello I have installed Easy-Php, and after I uninstalled it, everything uninstalled except Apache, that keeps saying "Starting" in Services, every time I log in, tried everything to stop it, cannot modify anything in the menu.I am desperate, please help.

After a little research I have found out that EasyPHP is a package that includes PHP, MySQL and Apache. In a sense a WAMP server package. This forum is specific to Uniform Server, but I will try to help you.

Some clarification please, what OS are you running? I will assume Windows XP When you say that Apache failed to uninstall do you mean that in the Uninstall a Program (windows) you can still see Apache installed? Or do you mean that Apache is still installed somewhere but you are unsure where, but you know it is installed because Apache starts when you log in. When you start your computer is there an error message saying that windows cannot find the Apache exe? Or does Apache start with no error messages and you are able to connect to the server?

IPB Image

Never ever install software on your machine and you will not get this problem. However if you are of a similar disposition (like myself) and just cannot rest the temptation to explore other and new avenues always have a fall back position just in case it all goes “*its” up!

Ric :D

Programs that leaves dust on your PC... Something Uniform Server would never do...

It seems as if you might have to reinstall and uninstall or try changing the service properties to manual, stop it, and try to delete it. Might and might not work

I have uninstalled EasyPhp, but still, the Apache process still exists in Services (services.msc), but it's status is flagged as "Starting", although it isn't doing anything. I still have the files Apache uses in C:\Program Files\EasyPhp\, I cannot delete them because it says it's used by another program. Yes, I am running Windows XP.