The Uniform Server Community

What OS?

Ric

I am finding it difficult to answer problems.

I have Windows XP home have no problem running tests to answer questions on that OS.

However I do not see users stating their OS.

This would give us a sporting chance to point them in the right direction.

All the best

Ric :D

:D Gotta keep asking them :)

You could always create a "support form" of sorts, requesting any information needed to make an educated answer. Then, assuming people use it, :D you'd be all set!

Currently Working on Coranto OS Content Management System

Honed my php at GottaTalkPoker

No not a pinned topic, when a user has a problem state what is being used e.g. OS=XP Pro, US=3.3 I have been known to provide a solution based on XP when the poor chap was using 95! I kid you not. :D

Seems he could not find the! Well you get my point. :D

Always willing to help, fired up me old 95, box, and gave 3.5 a bash on it. :D

Interesting damage, the main one being blood dripping down walls, as for the hair loss it’s not your fault. Conclusion 3.5-Apollo is not compatible with Windows 95; by the way the cleaning bill has been posted by snail mails and is on its way. Seems blood is extremely difficult to remove and costly. Bashing ones head against a wall is not recommended. :)

I do have a serious point how fare has US moved on and what is the minimum platform it can run on. :D

Remember XP has been around for an eternity (5-6 years) :D

All the best

Ric :)

Men.. i dont even know anyone using Windows 98 or 2000 much less 95.. so i cant test it. So did you test the server on 95 and it didnt work?

Also, about your lil problem, how about a custom field to the side? Like i did for the SourceForge and IRC Username...???

And people need to just get off those old technologies... Too much problems!!!! lol. :D

And stop bashing your head... i think i did all that already so yall wont have to do it! lol

Hi Olajide

I do understand the concept of the chevrons. :)

UniServer did fail on the 95 box; just could not resist the temptation to try it because the box was fired up for another problem. Which is probably more serious because this was due to archiving information. To cut a long story short, one hard drive archived info, the only program that could access this info, yep on the 95 box.

That info is now safely stored on a CD and the user can now access it from an XP machine. I tried to explain file formats and why its not a good idea to store archive material electronically but it fell on stony ground.

As for UniServer (3.5) not running on 95 I was not surprised, what surprised me was how far down the chain it actually worked. OK had to download a few extra drivers for the OS but it was these that eventually made me give up.

What made my day was your comment “Men.. i dont even know anyone using Windows 98 or 2000 much less 95” ;)

Well that was the reason for trying UniServer on such an antiquated box what concerns me more is the amount of supposedly readably archive material out their which is fading into obscurity.

Hey, I liked this:

And stop bashing your head... i think i did all that already so yall wont have to do it! :lol:

I have not come across either a hardware or software engineer that does not possess their own wall.

All the best

Ric :)