The Uniform Server Community

US 3.4 Stick Problems...

This whole USB stick is a brand new thing for me, so please bear with me.

After getting the basics from you all here a couple of weeks ago, I finally got down to putting it all together, and thanks to the forums and the uniCenter, I was able to get it running, on both my desktop and laptop, for a couple of my dev sites. (Great information to be had here, thanks!)

I was dumping an SQL dB, when I messed up my "root" user permissions, and couldn't access phpmyadmin. As I said, I'm new at this, so I just dumped the installation I had and reloaded it onto the stick. NOW, I couldn't access my apanel or localhost from my desktop--I took it to my laptop, and it worked fine--although I COULD access the .html page I had in the www/ root directory as a test, but only with 127.0.01 as the address.

So, I'm stuck. It SHOULD be working here on the desktop, and IS, but I'm not able to access the server. The "w" drive is there, and as I said, I can access the ONE test .html file in the root of the www directory, but nothing else, and nothing using localhost. I thought it might be a firewall issue, so I shut off my firewall completely, to no avail (I'm using CA's EZFireWall on Windows XP on my Desktop, and WinXP with Win Firewall on my laptop, by the way.)

I'm out of my depth here, and hoping someone has some ideas. I confess to only searching a few topics on this issue, as my mind seems numb at this point; I only found issues unrelated to this one.

Currently Working on Coranto OS Content Management System

Honed my php at GottaTalkPoker

So its not working on your Desktop... you can only access that ONE.html file you have? and you still see the W:/ drive...

When you go to http://localhost, what do you see?

So its not working on your Desktop... you can only access that ONE.html file you have? and you still see the W:/ drive...

When you go to http://localhost, what do you see?

I only see the one .html file when I go to 127.0.0.1...

When I got to Localhost:

Unable to connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few

moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network

connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure

that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

And, yep, the server's running, because "w:" is there....

I keep thinking it has something to do with reinstalling on the stick, but I can't figure out what...

Currently Working on Coranto OS Content Management System

Honed my php at GottaTalkPoker

Sorry to butt in, however this is a long shot, you may have been “Cached to death” take a look at this link:

http://center.uniformserver.com/us_34/us34...ms_3.html#cache

The only reason I mention this, I have seen those error messages from Firefox before. Just wondered if this problem is related!

All the best

:rolleyes: