The Uniform Server Community

XP Media Center Edition

I have Windows XP Media Center Edition. I've downloaded Univorm Server 3.4 (which, by the way, is a fabulous piece of software!). and I can't get it to work.

I get the message "It Works!" with just http://localhost, but 404 file not found with apanel. I've tried using the DiskStart VP script, and it asks me if I want to Start MySQL. I say yes, and it seems ro run ok. But, nothin works after that.

I don't believe IIS is (or can be) installed on Media Center Edition. I don't have Skype. Any other ideas?

Thanks ...

Ken

After starting the server, go to My Computer and check if it has the W:/ drive still there.... and let me know.

You say you see the Uniform Server logo in http://localhost ?

But you dont in http://localhost/apanel/ ?

Thanks for your reply. In a little more detail ...

I use the DiskStart.vbs script, and it asks me to enter a drive label. I leave it defaulted at W. There is already a CMD window open (with no commands in it). When I click OK, it askes "Start MySQL database server?", and I click Yes. Momentarily another CMD window opens (with no commands visible). It closes. Then I see the browser open, wiht an entire blue page withthe Uniform Server logo. That only displays for a moment, then a white screen saying "It Works!" appears. I then try localhost/apenel, and get a Not Found error.

There is no disk W defined (at least it's not in Windows file Explorer). I've tried other letters (S, Z), and no joy there either.

Thanks for any help!

Ken

Ok.. so you see a page with It Works! on it? Well, that means that another server is running. It might be IIS? Did you check to see if it is installed?

Uniform Server does not display It Works, instead, it shows our logo at the center of the page.... So that means that another server is running... Check and make sure that you dont have another server running or another instance of Apache.exe

Go to Task Manager: Look for Apache.exe and tell me if you see it.

THANK YOU!

I saw that Apache2 was running, and killed the service process. Now everything seems to be working ... except for one small thing ...

The W: drive does not appear on My Computer. However, I can CD to it under the CMD window and I can put W: in the Address box of the Windows Explorer.

Odd ... but I guess everything is working ok ...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Ken

You might want to uninstall that other Apache, cause it will cause big problems for you... even now... So uninstalling it is the best option cause of the registry dust registered and you dont want the one in Uniform Server to be messed up because of it

You might want to uninstall that other Apache, cause it will cause big problems for you... even now... So uninstalling it is the best option cause of the registry dust registered and you dont want the one in Uniform Server to be messed up because of it

Done ... thanks again!

Ken

P.S. Have you encountered ioncube? It's some sort of obfuscation tool for PHP code. I was trying to install Waterproof's wIT http://www.waterproof.fr/products/wit/screenshots1.php project management system and got an error. The error I got was this: Site error:

the file W:\www\wIT\www\index.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll to be installed by the site administrator.

Not sure whether or how to install ioncube ... any thoughts?