The Uniform Server Community

3.4 and Vista

Just tried to install 3.4 in Vista, and it looks like it's not mapping udrive properly. I tried to modify the batch file, but I'm not expert on DOS scripting. Also tried to manually map udrive as a network drive to W:, but it clashed with the script.

Has anyone gotten this to work on Vista? Any thoughts?

This works perfectly on Vista believe me. And you do not need to modify anything or do anything so whatever help i give you here has to be tried on a new download that has not been modified.

A. Do you have Skype? or have you ever installed the single distro of Apache, PHP or MySQL? or firewall that might be blocking port 80? Windows Firewall even, but it should ask you if you want to unblock, if it didn't, that might be the problem....

This works perfectly on Vista believe me. And you do not need to modify anything or do anything so whatever help i give you here has to be tried on a new download that has not been modified.

A. Do you have Skype? or have you ever installed the single distro of Apache, PHP or MySQL? or firewall that might be blocking port 80? Windows Firewall even, but it should ask you if you want to unblock, if it didn't, that might be the problem....

I got it to map W: to udrive, briefly, by turning off the Windows firewall. But then I fiddled with the file-sharing settings and rebooted and now I can't get it to work. I just installed Vista, so still a newbie here. Can you tell me what combination of file sharing(?) is necessary for this to work?

None! You dont need to set any file sharing properties. Just allow Open port 80 and 3360 in the Windows Firewall (TCP) and everything should work.... you dont even have to do all that, it should ask you to unblock them....

Hope you have a new copy!

None! You dont need tos et any file sharing properties. Just allow Open port 80 and 3360 in the Windows Firewall (TCP) and everything should work.... you dont even have to do all that, it should ask you to unblock them....

Hope you have a new copy!

I went throught Server_Start.bat line by line, and it seems to fail on this line:

start %programit%uniserv.exe "%apacheit%" "%closeit%"

after it fails, I think %closeit% closes the mapped drive. Either way, I can't find Apache in the task manager.

Any thoughts?

Ok... I told you before didn't i that you didn't need to edit any file... If you continue there is nothing i can do for you.

I need you to download a new copy! Fresh One.

Look into your Firewall and Antivirus to make sure that they are not blocking Port 80!

Do you have Skype installed? or have you ever installed the single distro of Apache, PHP or MySQL?

If you can't listen there is nothing i can do for you....

You shouldn't have to do anything, I am running Vista Ultimate and it works perfectly. Like olajideolaolorun said, check the windows firewall and make sure those ports are unblocked.

Sorry, I figured it out, the problem was that I HAVE Skype, but it was taking port 80. I had to stop skype and then the Uniform server started up just fine. And stupid me, I had the same problem with 3.3 but I forgot that I edited the config files for that one to run on port 8080.

This is a wonderful LAMP distro, I really like the fact that I can just copy it around. But this is the second time I had to wrestle with the Skype port 80 problem -- is there any way you can test for an open port and then send the appropriate error message?

Also, is there a quick way to config for port 8080?

Still, I'm a big fan and I'll give you my vote.

There is no need to configure the Admin Panel for Port 8080 anymore. It should work regardless... and you could have just changed Skype's Port instead.

Next time, listen even though i still dont think you read anything.... but hey... hmm. the next version of UniController might check the port.

Look into your Firewall and Antivirus to make sure that they are not blocking Port 80!

Do you have Skype installed? or have you ever installed the single distro of Apache, PHP or MySQL?

FWIW, for others who are wrestling with the same problem, the way I read your response above, I thought that you meant to use Skype, or another Apache distro, to test if a firewall was actively blocking the ports. I had Skype, it worked, and I assumed that the Firewall was correctly disabled.

I didn't realize that Skype would be blocking port 80.