The Uniform Server Community

3.4 Slugger

Well, with the release of a new product someone is going to eventually find something wrond with it. There was another thread listing your first impressions, so I decided to make another thread about your problems. Post anything and everything!

My first complaint is phpMyAdmin. If I go to the security console in the admin page and change the root password, then try going to phpMyAdmin it says I am unable to connect because there is a problem with the password. It says to check the config.inc.php I have actually hardcoded into that file what my password is but still no luck, I have played with various things yet nothing seems to work.

The thing that really pisses me off is the fact that the access denied error is random!

I will continue my investigations and edit this post should I find anything.

I have started with the problems now for someone else to post a problem.

IPB Image

A. READ! READ! READ! Before posting junk... am sorry... but its True.

B. As stated in the release post on the blog, the problem with phpMyAdmin or the way it looks is NOT our DAMN problem! We do not make phpMyAdmin OK!

C. As stated in the SAME PAGE you changed the MySQL password, you have to SHUTDOWN THE SERVER using STOP.BAT and start it over with SERVER_START.bat or something!

D. You did not have to hardcode anything!

E. READ READ READ!!! Seriously.... am sorry but u really caught this at a bad time... especially after everything said and added?

F. What do you mean the access denied error is random.. what error? from where?

oooh, I didn't know that was the error you guys were talking about, hehe, oops.

Well I have been using the start and stop .bat files to try that and make sure it's not something with one of the other start methods.

The access denied error is when I click on phpMyAdmin from the admin panel to try and access the database after changing the password says that I don't have access. The error says that something may be wrong with the config.inc.php

When I say the error is random sometimes I will be unable to access phpMyAdmin yet other times I will be able to.

Sorry about posting this, I didn't know that you already know about it. Good luck with the stuff you are working on now.

IPB Image

Hi olajideolaolorun,

I am new to this app but from what i have seen/read it is a gem...not sure what I am missing but when i click the start.bat file the server page loads but asks for a username and password...i have not seen anything in doc about an initial U&P in setup so i am guessing this is from a previous connection on computer?

thanks

metaltailz: Download a new copy and this time follow the instructions and i promise you everything will work perfect... :lol: Sorry about before... got me on the edge :lol:

youmeus: Did you change anything in the server? If not, you probably have something else running there... IIS, another server, or a firewall, or router or something blocking Uniform Server.