The Uniform Server Community

Cant start uniform server once download

alucard

Hi all.

My company want me to setup a WAMP server and I found that Uniform server is the one as it is production oriented.

However, when I downloaded it and unzip the package under my WINXPPRO SP2, and click start.bat, the following errors poped up one by one:

- PHP Startup: unable to initialize module

Module compiled with module API=20040412, debug=0, thread-safety=1

PHP complied with module API=20031030, debug=0, thread-safety=1

These options need to match

-cannot found program entry point (something like that as I use tranditional Chinese and try best to translated to English) mysql_drop_db in dynamic library libmysql.dll

- PHP Startup: unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php/extensions\php_mysql.dll'

- PHP Startup: sockets: unable to initialize module

So, what's happened?

Thank you very much for your attention.

• 2 weeks later...

I am so sorry.. i usually use the email thing to get notified when a new post has been made but soemtimes do not read the email for other dicussions since i use GMail and it packs it all into 1 mail...

Well about your question, the anser to it is simple, you have another version of PHP running or somthing...

If you have another version of PHP, MySQL, or Apache running please uninstall them totally and delete them.

Also search for LIBMYSQL.DLL in the C:/Windows/ and C:/Windows/System32 folder. Delete it if you find it there.

After that try again and see if it works.

BTW: Please keep away from double posting again.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

wow, i would never have thought of a previous installation interfering with my current uniserver install. i did in fact have a very very old version of uniserver somewhere else that i'd forgotten about.. and an old library in my system32 folder.

thank you so much!

• 1 year later...

Hi all.

My company want me to setup a WAMP server and I found that Uniform server is the one as it is production oriented.

However, when I downloaded it and unzip the package under my WINXPPRO SP2, and click start.bat, the following errors poped up one by one:

- PHP Startup: unable to initialize module

-cannot found program entry point (something like that as I use tranditional Chinese and try best to translated to English) mysql_drop_db in dynamic library libmysql.dll

- PHP Startup: unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/php/extensions\php_mysql.dll'

- PHP Startup: sockets: unable to initialize module

So, what's happened?

Thank you very much for your attention.

First, Uniform Server is going to be a great assist in my teaching PHP and Perl scripting to my classes this term. I'm very impressed with Uniform Server' so far. I plan to have the students use it, on localhost only, to test their scripts.

I was bitten by the same problem (can't quite call it a bug) as this poster. Uniform Server worked fine off of my USB drive on every system I tried it on until I got home and started it here to continue working on a lesson for my class...and got errors. The entry point for libmysql.dll wasn't found and it couldn't find the extensions folder so it couldn't load anything there, thus PHP wasn't really working...

A search of the forum and here is an answer!

Yes, I had a copy of libmysql.dll in my C:/Windows/System folder, and yes, deleting it seems to have cleared up the errors, *but* doesn't this sort of error hurt the portability of Uniform Server? I get the feeling that I'm going to have problems using it for local testing on a system that has a production server running that puts that file in that folder. Is that right? If that .dll is only used by mysql, then that's okay.

Other than renaming/deleting the offending .dll, does anyone have any ideas about this?

Yes you will have problem starting Uniform Server when another server has that file in the C:/Windows or C:/Windows/System32 folder. The reason it should not be there is because of Uniform Server's portability. It is already in the Uniform Server Directory and thats where Uniform Server will be lookingo for it when it's started. If you try placing the one in that folder into the PHP folder of that server, and try starting it to see if it will work.