• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 thersander

thersander

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Main OS: Windows 7

Posted 31 March 2019 - 04:57 PM

I am having a problem with the command line options that the XIII UniController provides when it launches the MySQL server.

I run a handful of Uniform Servers in parallel - mainly Coral 8.x.x servers and 1 XIII server. I have recently switched from a Windows 7 Pro (32-bit) laptop to a 64-bit laptop running Ubuntu, and Windows 7 Pro as a VirtualBox VM. The latter 2 OSes are both 64-bit versions.

For my MySQL databases, I have them centrally located in a file structure consisting of a single main directory with a sub-folder for each US server. Each sub-folder contains all of the MySQL databases used by that US server. As part of the laptop/OS change I have simply copied this file structure and files from my old SSD to the K: drive of my new SSD.
Attached File  Screenshot - 2019-03-31, 14_08_10_ver001.png   40.99KB   0 downloads

In order to ensure each server accesses the correct database(s), in the my.ini file for each MySQL server I have defined the location of the database files, using the following directives:
basedir
datadir
tmpdir
innodb_data_home_dir
innodb_log_group_home_dir

Each server also uses its own unique pair of port numbers for the Apache and MySQL servers.

I am trying to run the XIII server which I have called zero_xiii_sv0, the database files for which are located in the directory K:\WebServerFiles\MySQL_dbs\zero_xiii_sv0\data.

The directory K:\WebServers contains a number of sub-folders, with each sub-folder containing a single installation of a US.
The directory K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\data is the default location for the database files created when the XIII server is installed.

The MySQL server my.ini file contains the following entries regarding file locations:
datadir = "K:/WebServerFiles/MySQL_dbs/zero_xiii_sv0/data/"
innodb_data_home_dir = "K:/WebServerFiles/MySQL_dbs/zero_xiii_sv0/data/"
innodb_log_group_home_dir = "K:/WebServerFiles/MySQL_dbs/zero_xiii_sv0/data/"

When the UniController is used to launch the MySQL server, the server is started using the following command string:
K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\bin\mysqld_z0.exe 
--defaults-file = "K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\my.ini" 
--tmpdir = "K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\tmp" 
--datadir = "K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\data" 
--innodb_data_home_dir = "K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\data" 
--innodb_log_group_home_dir = "K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\data"
and I am unable to connect to the (ttrssdb) database.

As can be seen from the command string, the values of the data items:
datadir
innodb_data_home_dir
innodb_log_group_home_dir
are incorrect.

They should instead reference the databases in 
K:\WebServerFiles\MySQL_dbs\zero_xiii_sv0\data
instead of the default location of
K:\WebServers\zero_xiii_sv0\UniServerZ\core\mysql\data

I have tried running in a DOS session the Apache server with the correct command line string and that worked successfully, allowing me to attach to the correct database.

Am I missing something in the server configuration or is the procedure invoked by the "Start MySQL" button of the UniController simply ignoring the values provided in the my.ini file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users