The Uniform Server Community

Apache high cpu usage during F5 and PHP code

Kraiser

Well how to avoid that while an user spams f5 on my site the CPU goes to about 50 % ,I'm using simple script to test it out:

<?PHP
echo "asd";
?>

on linux the apache used mpm_prefork on which user was unable to do something like this but ram consuming was VERY huge while you had many users on the site here we use mpm_winnt multi processing module.

before on xampp the problem was same , I switched to uniform server since it has all newest packages apache,php,mysql .

I have also tried easyPHP there wasn't such problem probably because they aren't using any php accelerator like uniform server and xampp do use fe. eAccelerator 1.0-snv427 but loading of the pages on easyphp was there not really fast for me.

How can I protect against this ? Some protection which will ban the user from the site for x minutes after spam of refresh mod_easive on linux what I can use on windows?

• 6 months later...

Interesting problem, but well beyond my understanding of Apache operation and optimization.

Have you searched Apache forums for anything on this? Obviously, they understand more about Linux/Windows differences, and that's why they have a mpm_winnt multi processing module. Perhaps a search of windows and mod_easive might turn up something as well.

It may also be related to the way eAccelerator works, and switching to the new 8-Coral version will let you change to the APC PHP accelerator.

At this point, I'd say you're on your own, unless Ric has something up his sleeve.

Regards,

BobS