The Uniform Server Community

Uniform server for Linux

shiftdel15589

Which distro are you using, when did you start using Linux and why?

Installing Apache, mySQL, PHP and Perl (the main components of Uniform Server) are very easy if you have a distro with a decent package manager. You should be able to use Uniform Server's config files (httpd.conf, my.cnf and php.ini) on Linux, if you can't be bothered to create new ones from scratch.

Uniform Server's directory structure is loosely based on that of Linux's, so you won't miss much of that :)

Olajide has been pretty busy lately, so if a Linux version were to be made fast, it would probably be made by the community ;)

But then, how many people on this forum are using Linux? I know of a few who do, but they're still keeping their Windows PC(s) as they either have more than one PC or are willing to dual boot Linux and Windows. I do know of someone who certainly is "stuck" on Linux, and you sound like one as well.

Anyway, you can still run Uniform Server on Linux by emulating a Windows PC with the help of VMWare (commercial) or QEMU (open source) :D

Running Windows on Linux is one way, but if you're only trying to learn Linux, you could also run Linux on Windows as both VMWare and QEMU run on Linux and Windows. Another excellent way of running Linux on Windows is by using coLinux. With coLinux, you're able to run Linux at native speed, unlike what you would get if you used VMWare or QEMU :)

ahhh... thats alright... the other guy's own post was wrong degrading our product on our forum.. but something like that is no problem...

We will have one on Linux, we its just so hard... trying to fight time... only wiish i didnt have to work to pay bills and rent... men... but i did and do plan for this... ever since a long time ago... :(

Maybe I should learn how to code on paper and debug with roaches, so when I'm in Olajide's situation I can just run off to the jungle and continue coding there :(

I love free.

I want learn about Linux and at this moment, I use Vmware to boot 20 distro Linux :D

But I also love some software Windows like Uniform Server :(

But now, I saw the problem.

Thanks to reply.

Hei guy, when new version of Uniform Server is public ? :D

(I have a secret to developing it but ...:))

• 1 year later...

I'd like to vote for Uniform server for Linux too. My reason being that I travel a lot, so it would be nice to take my projects with me, and use it wherever I am

I'd like to vote for Uniform server for Linux too. My reason being that I travel a lot, so it would be nice to take my projects with me, and use it wherever I am

• 1 year later...

Hello, dear all

I am new to Uniform server, and now using xampp under linux, but it is quite big, I need something like Uniform server, while seems now still only have windows version? Is there any roadmap or plan to make a version for linux?

Thanks a lot.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

This post seems to be old but I would like to join those wishing a Uniform Server for Linux.

I abandoned Windows several years ago and I have no intention to use it so far.

But there are pieces of software that are really good like your Uniform Server.

Thanks

But obviously you get everything provided by US out-of-the-box on a Linux box, and with a rolling released distro like either Gentoo or Arch, you get automatically upgraded, right ;-)

Hey guys,

This post seems to be old but I would like to join those wishing a Uniform Server for Linux.

I abandoned Windows several years ago and I have no intention to use it so far.

But there are pieces of software that are really good like your Uniform Server.

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hello, dear all

I am new to Uniform server, and now using xampp under linux, but it is quite big, I need something like Uniform server, while seems now still only have windows version? Is there any roadmap or plan to make a version for linux?

Thanks a lot.

I agree. XAMPP is huuuugeeee in size. I also look forward to uniform server in linux. (I use ubuntu, puppy linux...)

I am writing a book on PHP which is in Bangla Language. I recommended uniserver for practice. :rolleyes: