The Uniform Server Community
vimpir

security problem..

i have a problem.

if i try to connect my server from "xp my web folders", don't ask password and direct connect to root.

write in the RUN

%WINDIR%\EXPLORER.EXE ,::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{BDEADF00-C265-11d0-BCED-00A0C90AB50F}

and right click, new, web folder, write domain and connect(full access)

what can i do it?

You're telling us that you were able to gain full access to Uniform Server's DocumentRoot without the need of a password, right?

If no, then please provide more information.

If yes, this problem probably has something to do with mod_dav being enabled by default. To solve this, make sure Uniform Server is running, then open W:\usr\local\apache2\conf\httpd.conf with notepad and search for "LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so". Comment that line (by adding # in front of it), it should now read "#LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav.so". Restart Uniform Server and try to gain access to Uniform Server with the method you mentioned above, you shouldn't be able to do it now.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by MrX

I told Olajide about this mod_dav security flaw after AlleyKat's PC was "hacked", but he didn't fix it :|

But I guess we can't blame him, considering how busy he is :)

Anyway, if you don't need mod_dav or don't know what it does, then you'd better disable it with the instructions posted above. For those of you who really need (can't live without) mod_dav, you should protect it with a password, instructions on how to do that can be found at the mod_dav FAQ.

Edited by MrX