The Uniform Server Community

IgniteFusion, DSN-less connection & myodbc

megan

Ok - I am stuck and hoping some here can help - IgniteFusion does not support dsn-less connection to MySQL. In order for DSN-less connection to MYSQL to work, myodbc or some sort of odbc driver has to be installed. How would I do this, put myodbc drivers or ?? as part of the apache server or? so I can call the driver like so:

thanks, megan

*ummmmmm* might have to check with the developers of IgniteFusion with this one.... I know some CF codes but never used it as part of anything before.. just learnt it and never got to testing it cause i did not have a processor....

thanks for the reply - I will keep poking about and if I find a solution, will post back here what I find out. ~megan

*ummmmmm* might have to check with the developers of IgniteFusion with this one.... I know some CF codes but never used it as part of anything before.. just learnt it and never got to testing it cause i did not have a processor....

2374[/snapback]

OK - I've been looking into topic of odbc drivers for mysql so I can make a dsn-less connection string to the mysql database for ignitefusion

one way I found was to use myodbc and install and uninstall the ODBC drivers on startup and shutdown.

so if I put a folder called myodbc like so: usr\local\myodbc\

and the folder contained all the necessary myodbc .dll, .lib etc files and inside that same folder was an install.ini and an uninstall.ini

install.ini

---------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers]

MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver=string:Installed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver]

UsageCount=dword:1

Driver=string:\usr\local\myodbc\myodbc3.dll

Setup=string:\usr\local\myodbc\myodbc3S.dll

uninstall.ini

------------------------------

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\ODBC Drivers]

MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver =-

[-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ODBC\ODBCINST.INI\MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver]

------------------------

here is my question

how do I execute install.ini on server startup and uninstall.ini on shutdown ???

thank you, megan

You might have to use batch coding to create a batch file or just name them .key and click them i think...

...i do think that the default file extension for registry key files are .key right? Try .key or .reg :)

I asked someone who knows some stuff about servers and he said I could try this command in the server_start.bat

regedit /S install.ini

the /S is supposed to make it a silent install to prevent a popup, but I don't know where or how to implement this command in the server_start.bat and how to make it so the install.ini is found. (I am just a person who writes cf, not a real tech)

can you give me some direction?

thanks, megan

You might have to use batch coding to create a batch file or just name them .key and click them i think...

...i do think that the default file extension for registry key files are .key right? Try .key or .reg :)

2394[/snapback]

Put it after:

rem use: start nomysql console - to display console

and at the end of the Stop.bat, use the uninstall command.

If you use:

regedit /S install.ini

Than, th install.ini file must be where the Server_Start.bat file is. If it is in "usr\local\myodbc\" as you said, use:

regedit /S \usr\local]myodbc\install.ini

Good Luck :D

**Runs to class :)

Hello again - after a little while of trial and error I am able to get dsn-less connection to mysql for use with ignitefusion. ini files are a little different than what I posted. I will make the wiki article and after it is posted I will come back here and post a link to that - I am feeling very happy right now. :) megan