The Uniform Server Community
rustyp

Hosting services?

Any suggestions on what hosting service to use.

Being the dummy that I am I goggled "top 10 hosting services" and got a zillion replies that tell me nothing, no clue who these people are giving ratings they all have a different answer I suspect the reason they all have a different answer is because different hosting company's are paying them for their ratings, another words I dont believe any of these clowns that are rating hosting services lol.

I am asking here because I have always got great advice.

Who do you use and why, for how long?

Thanks in advance.

It is necessary that you tell us where you living.

Every country has own hosting companys (more than enough). And you should not rent hosting in italy if you living in the USA.

Sorry guys from the USA.

I went with Hostgator so far so good no real complaints other than I cant do a backup under my plan because it too big for them they have a 4 gig limit or something they also have a 10k file per directory limit so I cant see over 30k files in my picture directory of my message board.

Same line of crap they all have and same excuses for simple problems they want me to upgrade to cure the problems I refuse to upgrade soon as they start their sales line of bullshit I delete the message or hang up on them

All they had to do was list the limitations up front when I bought the package I would have upgraded then I told them my site was 6 gig and had at lease one directory with over 45k files in it they claimed it was not a problem, that is until they got my money....

Typical of all business none of them are open and honest all have some sort of fine print so they can tax you more.

Typical of all business none of them are open and honest all have some sort of fine print so they can tax you more.

The best experience I have had with hosting providers has been with webhostinghub.com. Professional and polite customer support (REAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT) I've called them at 3:00am (US Eastern Time) and I have gotten a person on the phone in seconds willing to listen and act accordingly. There is chat support too! I don't know if that will change in the future and if it does I hope it is only for the better. You may want to check them out. Seriously, these guy are far beyond all others I've tried in the past.

I think you're in a different class of user than the typical WordPress blogger. You'll likely need to get a "business" level account.

I ran across this site that might help: http://hosting-reviews-exposed.com/off-top...-recommend.html

Mos of the big advertising web hosters are looking for the super-low traffic beginners.

Regards,

BobS